for those of you with bay reserviors

RedTalon19

Supreme [H]ardness
did you pick up a single or dual bay res? i only ask because the single bay res looks to be sufficient as far as the amount of water it holds. but on the other hand, my case has 10 (yes ten) 5 1/4" bays so i could easily fit a dually bay res.

also, the little fill cap seems a good idea at first, but since i dont have a track & rail setup in those 5 1/4" bays, i have to somehow leave a way for me to get into the system to fill it up (if needed) did anybody else combat this problem already??

ok then. maybe somebody would suggest against getting a bay res since it seems nobody has one...

I don't have either, but I don't really see an advantage to having a larger one. I would just get whichever is cheaper, if you're set on getting a bay-res.

Get the duel bay res. Some pople say that the single bay res's dont trap bubbles very well.

Ive got the single bay res and its been working fine for me over a year now. Its the first design, not rev 2.

I had a version I single slot Bay-Res.

If you decide on getting one, MAKE SURE YOU GET STRAIGHT CONNECTORS!

Do NOT get elbow connectors. The elbow connectors makes the res difficult to impossible to slide out of the slots when connected. You want to be able to slide the res out so you can burp or fill the res.

Get the Rev 2 over the Rev 1. The Rev 2 versions have a partition seperating the connectors so you will have better water flow (ie liquid will actually theough the res instead of entering then immediately leaving).

Even the single slot contains a real lot of liquid. You will be surprised at how much it can hold.

I no longer have the res in my system as I completely redid my loops. But, I now miss the ability to glance at the front of my case "just to be sure" that the water level is full.

Get a backlight so you can see the water level. The new versions have spaces for LCDs. Install them.

Now what about the floppy bay res? I saw one at DD that was cheaper than the single 5.25 bay res ones. Anyone have any exp with this type of res? It probly won't be as easy to work with if u have to screw it into the floppy bay, as opposed to rails on a 5.25 one providing you have rails on the 5.25. Any thoughts?

seto said:
I had a version I single slot Bay-Res.

If you decide on getting one, MAKE SURE YOU GET STRAIGHT CONNECTORS!

Do NOT get elbow connectors. The elbow connectors makes the res difficult to impossible to slide out of the slots when connected. You want to be able to slide the res out so you can burp or fill the res.

i want to get the bay res because its so easy and neat. i am currently using a 8oz RC fuel tank, and it works ok but i get too many bubbles because its just not big enough to bleed the air before the pump sucks it back up again.

the only problem is, i would have to leave teh res without screws to be able to slide it beucase my case doesnt have those nifty quick-switch rails. i have a lockable swinging door on the front of my case which helps the problem, but still... the res would be unsecured....

Back