For those of us waiting on the Cablemod right angle adapter..

• Thread starter Deleted member 312202
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 312202

Anyone else sign up for updates from Cablemod concerning the PCIE 5.0 right angle adapter cable? Got an email today from them and in a nutshell this is when we can expect them.

Our new projected timeline is as follows:
• New connectors samples - End Dec
• Connectors approved and produced - Mid Jan
• Media receives samples - End Jan
• Mass production - Mid Feb
• Shipping - End Feb

Already using a cable mod cable and think it was well designed. Looking forward to the 180 adapter in particular to help clean up the look of the cable.

The Zotac one I got is doing fine and I have a Corsair cable set on the way. I may buy a right angle just to try it out and see how it looks. Thanks for the heads up.

Honestly I am not that impressed after trying the adapter I received today for my 4090 card. The tension of the power cable pulls out the 4 "smaller" pins on the adapter even after fully inserting the adapter fully which I think defeats the purpose of this adapter altogether. The top locking mechanism works fine, but with nothing there to hold the 4 pin area of the plug into the card the adapter wants to sit at an angle. No matter what I did to my Gen 5 PCIE 12VHPWR power cable this was a constant thing. I purchased the correct adapter for my card so I can eliminate that scenario. I guess it may just be wasted money (90 degree adapter "A").
Cablemod store page

Honestly I am not that impressed after trying the adapter I received today for my 4090 card. The tension of the power cable pulls out the 4 "smaller" pins on the adapter even after fully inserting the adapter fully which I think defeats the purpose of this adapter altogether. The top locking mechanism works fine, but with nothing there to hold the 4 pin area of the plug into the card the adapter wants to sit at an angle. No matter what I did to my Gen 5 PCIE 12VHPWR power cable this was a constant thing. I purchased the correct adapter for my card so I can eliminate that scenario. I guess it may just be wasted money (90 degree adapter "A").
Cablemod store page
I think you should of gotten the 180 version instead.

Back