For those deep pockets: $799.00 Bush Corsa Series Desk

It actually looks rather nice, though I was hoping it'd be made of something other than MDF.

It actually looks rather nice, though I was hoping it'd be made of something other than MDF.

Actually, quite a lot of higher end furniture is made out of MDF with real wood veneers. It is not subject to the same swelling and contracting with changes in humidity, so joints, etc will last longer.

Hmm, pretty temping. I'm in desperate need of a desk upgrade. I got a shitty Hope Depot/Ikea desk that's sagging in the middle and all the trim chipping off of it, plus it's too small for the two monitors and speakers I have on it. I've been trolling CL for a while looking for a good deal for a desk about like that. The only thing that keeps annoying me is that the little keyboard trays aren't wide enough to accommodate my widish Sidewinder KB (with detachable num pad) and RatPadz mouse pad. It seems that the 30" $61.29 keyboard tray option would suit well on there since my current one is 24.5" and my keyboard/mouse pad hangs off the side of it by a few inches. That $115 tray is the same size as my current one (24.5"), so it's not wide enough..

Hmm.. decisions.. thanks for posting OP ;).

How exactly is an $800 office set something for "people with deep pockets"? People with deep pockets would spend 2 or 3 times that for the desk alone.

How exactly is an $800 office set something for "people with deep pockets"? People with deep pockets would spend 2 or 3 times that for the desk alone.

It's a nice enough desk.

Not enough motors or carbon fiber for my tastes, but to each his own...

I believe that a large majority of members at [H] are not here for business reasons but rather for personal use. With that in mind 799 can be a bit high for some people that won't be using it for business. I will simply be using it for my gaming rig and dual monitor setup.

OP meant to post this desk.

http://www.biomorphdesk.com/p-4-multi-desk.aspx

Example:

3237724_500.jpg

I have 16' of ten year old Bush officepro desks and hutches that are still going strong. Well, aside from the 60" desk that started sagging early on.

Here is my desk I bought after research, for those that care:

http://www.ifurn.com/Commercial-Office-Suites_WC72442.html

corsa-natural-cherry-66-in-managers-desk.WC72442.3.300.jpg

I've had it 1 year. Very pleased with it. Lots of space. Very solid. The MDF is reasonably good quality but not as good as some I've seen. The surface has shown wear and has cracked along the edges where I've used it very heavily (flight control clamps, drinks without coasters, etc) but this is expected from a desk in this price range. Still a great "starter" desk if you plan to do a lot of expanding. I bought it with a future move to 3 monitors in mind. Right now it has the 52" Philips with two big Polk 40s, one on each side. And it all fits. Barely. :)

Here's a really old pic when I first set it up:

dCyJ0.jpg

iFurn is also a good vendor. The desk was shipped (from Bush warehouse of course) without any of the pieces needed to assemble it. Just the 4 large pieces of MDF with NOTHING else! Not even instructions! But one call to iFurn and they express'd me the missing parts without any fuss. I will buy there again.

Last edited:
I came this close to buying a Biomorph, but to get the one that goes high enough for me to stand at it was going to be almost 2700 for the crank model.

I ended up getting a Sunway bi-level (articulated keyboard surface) 72" wide with a (imitation) carbon fiber thermal-foil type laminate.

The desk goes 52" high or 23" low and has 4 preset heights.

Local dealer gave me a great deal but shipping is unreal...

I will never again buy a desk made out of fibreboard. They dent and chip like crazy.

This desk is so smart! I have a sit/stand adjustable height desk, but when you make it high for standing the monitor height becomes a bit low compared to the keyboard/mouse height. This desk solves that since the keyboard/mouse height is adjustable too. Of course $2400 is a lot, but furniture last a lot longer than a $500 video card.

Ergonomically I think most all desks out there are BS. Monitors are almost always suppose to be lower as is your mouse / keyboard. Buy a table and cut 3 - 6 inches off the legs you have the best desk ever made. That 2400 desk is a great example raised 24 inch ACDs? Which are already typically too high since you cannot adjust their silly stands. I also realize it apparently requires 2 computers to run the desk lol.

My favorite desks are door desks. Strong, simple, will never break or wear out. Especially a painted steel desk.

Still sporting the original IKEA Jerker. I'll have it for another 5-10yrs unless I win the lotto.

This desk is so smart! I have a sit/stand adjustable height desk, but when you make it high for standing the monitor height becomes a bit low compared to the keyboard/mouse height. This desk solves that since the keyboard/mouse height is adjustable too. Of course $2400 is a lot, but furniture last a lot longer than a $500 video card.

Thats not a $2400 desk - The crank version starts at about $2900 and shipping is almost $600

If you add electric power, it's just under $5k delivered. (I think it weighs just under 400lbs)

Ergonomically I think most all desks out there are BS. Monitors are almost always suppose to be lower as is your mouse / keyboard. Buy a table and cut 3 - 6 inches off the legs you have the best desk ever made. That 2400 desk is a great example raised 24 inch ACDs? Which are already typically too high since you cannot adjust their silly stands. I also realize it apparently requires 2 computers to run the desk lol.

The top of your monitor is usually supposed to be at about eye level.

Also, no sit down desk is going to be ergonomic for more than a few hours per day. If you work long hours, you need to be able to change positions and stand up part of the day or you're going to have problems.

Thats not a $2400 desk - The crank version starts at about $2900 and shipping is almost $600

If you add electric power, it's just under $5k delivered. (I think it weighs just under 400lbs)

Also, no sit down desk is going to be ergonomic for more than a few hours per day. If you work long hours, you need to be able to change positions and stand up part of the day or you're going to have problems.

Exactly when you have a 24 inch monitor that high it wont be at eye level unless you have a very high chair (none of my adjustable executive or task chairs go that high). Which was my point, that desk not only sits them on a desk to high, it props them up even higher.

Whether its 2400 or 2900 wasn't really the point. Either way its expensive.
desk.JPG

Also its a sit and stand desk. So if you get tired of sitting you can raise it up and stand while you work.

http://www.versatables.com/products/versa-center

This is what I would buy if I were to spend $800 on a desk.

Well you would be getting ripped off because that desk is only $500 for the largest size :p.

Looks decent, but definitely not enough surface area/depth for me. Also, I'm not sure if those case holders are wide enough for some full towers like my HAF X. Looks like they adjust for height, just not width. It would be perfect if it was at least 36" deep or the monitors weren't so high when mounted on that cross bar. Looks like it might be a bit uncomfortable it they were that high. But does that cross bar for the monitors even come with it?

Well you would be getting ripped off because that desk is only $500 for the largest size :p.

Looks decent, but definitely not enough surface area/depth for me. Also, I'm not sure if those case holders are wide enough for some full towers like my HAF X. Looks like they adjust for height, just not width. It would be perfect if it was at least 36" deep or the monitors weren't so high when mounted on that cross bar. Looks like it might be a bit uncomfortable it they were that high. But does that cross bar for the monitors even come with it?

The crossbar doesn't come with it. Hence the $800 :p Yeah it isn't that deep but if everything is mounted on the side shelves/top shelf/monitor arm and off the desk surface, you wouldn't need that much desk space. If you get the additional $100 KB/Mouse tray, that takes care of that. The more expensive KB tray actually pivots up to be at the same level of the desk too.

@Copenhagen, you can find it on amazon or the versatables website.

Back