For those awaiting the Phantek Evolv from Amazon

Fixall

[H]ard|Gawd
My expected delivery date for the Evolv was 10/16 - 10/22. I talked to Amazon today as my order has been "preparing to ship" for about 3 days now. Amazon tells me they still don't have the case yet and that my expected shipping date has now changed to 11/5. I explained how I was told Amazon was currently "in the process of stocking the cases" (by an Amazon rep who talked to the fulfillment center) a couple days ago and would be shipped out "very soon." Because of this I didn't order from Newegg while they had stock.

Amazon says tough shit we don't control the inventory. I reply with I understand that but Amazon DOES control the information about shipping dates they post on their website and when they post false information they have the ability to rectify it.

Amazon tells me to go fuck myself, my options are to wait or cancel.

So if you're waiting for the Evolv from Amazon and they gave you a delivery date between last week and this week... You are probably going to be waiting AT LEAST another 2 1/2 - 3 weeks.

P.S.
The coversation between myself and Amazon wasn't disrespectful, I'm just paraphrasing our exchange in the above comment and my frustration is showing a bit, lol.

Last edited:
you could always buy the Pro M, it is almost the same case, but $100 less, better airflow, and made of steel and plastic and it has a 5.25 bay

you could always buy the Pro M, it is almost the same case, but $100 less, better airflow, and made of steel and plastic and it has a 5.25 bay

I have a husky so front grills like that are a no go. I have to literally blast them with air every couple days or so otherwise they look like shit.

And now my shipping date has changed to November 9th. What the hell?!

*edit
Just finished spending an hour with an Amazon supervisor. She upgraded the order to one day shipping and set a reminder for herself. If the case doesn't arrive by October 29th (the original date I was given when I first placed my order), she's going to consider it a "broken promise" on Amazon's part and make it right. If the case comes in by October 29th (my arrival date says Nov 9th as of now), I'll consider everything all good.

Last edited:
I have a husky so front grills like that are a no go. I have to literally blast them with air every couple days or so otherwise they look like shit.

I can relate to that. I've had several Huskies :D Sorry about your trouble with Amazon. I watched both sites feverishly this past week and was lucky enough to order the black version Saturday from Newegg.

The main thing I would REALLY like to know is if a 415mm by 68mm radiator would fit in the front of the case, lol. I have a EK Predator 360 sitting on my table I'm hoping to install in the case when I finally receive it. I know it'll fit in the top slot if I get rid of the rear fan (or mount the fan on the outside), but I'd rather avoid doing that.

The main thing I would REALLY like to know is if a 415mm by 68mm radiator would fit in the front of the case, lol. I have a EK Predator 360 sitting on my table I'm hoping to install in the case when I finally receive it. I know it'll fit in the top slot if I get rid of the rear fan (or mount the fan on the outside), but I'd rather avoid doing that.

I was able to fit my Alphaool UT60 360mm rad in the front, so you should be fine, but I had trouble finding a place for the res, so I mounted the rad at the top, used the front for the res. I'll also point out that there is no room for 3.5mm HDDs of you mount a 360mm rad in the front, or if you use up the whole space with a 270mm res+pump.

I was able to fit my Alphaool UT60 360mm rad in the front, so you should be fine, but I had trouble finding a place for the res, so I mounted the rad at the top, used the front for the res. I'll also point out that there is no room for 3.5mm HDDs of you mount a 360mm rad in the front, or if you use up the whole space with a 270mm res+pump.

Word. I know the Evolv is made to be able to fit a 360 rad in the front, but the thing about the Predator is that the pump and reservoir are connected to the radiator, so it's about 15mm longer than the UT60 and about 8mm thicker. Think it would still squeeze in there?

As far as the HDD goes... I'm only using one so I figured I'd just pick up one of Phanteks HDD brackets and mount it near the PSU.

http://phanteks.com/PH-HDDKT.html

*edit
Just got a call from Amazon. I was told they received their shipment of cases and I can expect mine to be delivered no later than Friday. :)

Last edited:
Picked up my Evolv from Amazon in August, love it. About time I moved to a case without a 5.25 bay on the front, just seems so pointless in this day and age (I have an external for the rare case it would be needed).

Case came in today. It's freaking beautiful... Easily the highest quality case I've ever owned. It makes my Corsair 650d seem like an antec 300 in comparison.

Do you feel the internals are to the same quality as the outside? Its just steel inside correct?

I am just wondering if Phanteks has really got it together yet. I have read some reviews where they criticized the shipping materials and a lack of consistency on the internals. Things like screw holes not being tapped correctly etc.

thanks for posting the picture, it looks like a great case

Do you feel the internals are to the same quality as the outside? Its just steel inside correct?

I am just wondering if Phanteks has really got it together yet. I have read some reviews where they criticized the shipping materials and a lack of consistency on the internals. Things like screw holes not being tapped correctly etc.

thanks for posting the picture, it looks like a great case

The packaging was a definite low point. The box arrived with a very large puncture in it (case was flawless) and the case was just packed with two pieces of Styrofoam that covered the top and the bottom of the case while leaving a good 50%+ of the sides exposed. It could have very easily been damaged.

As far as the internals go (you are correct about the inside being steel), I haven't had a chance to do much more than an inspection of the interior of the case, but everything looks solid. I'll get back to you in a few hours after I start installing components.

Last edited:
No problems here on my case. It was a pain in the ass to reverse the EK 360 Predator fans for intake flow, but got everything working tonight. 24C idle, 48C load on stock clock/turbo. The case looks and functions great. The bottom is a little cluttered with my 2TB WD HHD and my EVGA 1200 P2 PSU wires, but I'll just have to clean that up a bit this weekend.

20151024_015138.jpg

Last edited:
Looking great man! I'm also in the process of swapping the fans to push instead of pull. Pain in the ass and had to lose their fancy cable management but at least it fits. :)

The only complaint from Phanteks I have right now is the black powder coat on the optional HDD bracket I bought from Amazon. Otherwise, my case came flawless. Since I won't see the white on the HDD, it doesn't bother me, but could still be improved.

20151023_150649.jpg

The only complaint from Phanteks I have right now is the black powder coat on the optional HDD bracket I bought from Amazon. Otherwise, my case came flawless. Since I won't see the white on the HDD, it doesn't bother me, but could still be improved.

20151023_150649.jpg

That is an Enthoo series bracket, and I just realized you can also use that bracket but in a different place. so nevermind

this is the Evolv bracket
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817972004&cm_re=phanteks_hdd_bracket-_-17-972-004-_-Product

Modular%20Bracket_2.jpeg

Back