For The [H]orde GTX 460 Giveaway for September (Chance to win a new Video card)

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
ENTRY/PARTICIPATION RULES

There will be one winner.

To win a brand new GTX 460 768mb card you must do the following:

1. Fold for team #33

2. Earn at least 90K points for the month of September if you post your badge in the entry thread between now and the 15th of September to be eligible for the 1 October drawing.

3. Earn at least 150K points for the month of September if you post your badge in the entry thread between 16 September and 30 September to be eligible for the 1 October drawing.

4. Post badge in this thread to enter: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1036084506#post1036084506

Example badge:

OTHER INFO BELOW

Go to the Distributed Computing Forum for any questions or additional help.

Go here to find out how to get a badge: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1027699981&postcount=5

Folding clients avaiable here: http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

Download the GPU3 client if running a GTX 4XX card. Otherwise just get the GPU2 client.

Download the SMP client for mult-core systems.

Also note that a passkey is required to gain bonus points with the SMP client. You'll find instructions here on how to setup the SMP client with passkey: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1511766

Last edited:
I am an acting folding member but all this posting badges and runaround I dont want to do.

I once was a major contributor, but now just have one box folding for the [H].

[edit]
added 2 more boxes for the [H].

Last edited:
Thanks for your continued contributions lordroy!

I am an acting folding member but all this posting badges and runaround I dont want to do.

I once was a major contributor, but now just have one box folding for the [H].

I only fold on one box too, and not 24/7, I can't stand the noise when I sleep. :p

I'm not gonna toss my name in the hat, but I just wanted to publicly thank Dookey and all the others that made this givewaway possible. It's things like this that make me glad to be affiliated with the [H]orde. You just don't see this kind of dedication and generosity with many of the other teams out there, and our team's willingness to help others get started with folding and work through problems is second to none.

FOLD [H]ARD TEAM #33!!!

Wow... If I am reading this right... it looks like I will never be able to qualify for anything, because after many years I have a lifetime point total of just over 100k points, and I've been doing this for a few years. Is 156 Points Per Day normal for a dual core 3.7GHz processor running at 100% for between 8-12 hours per day?

PS: This is not a submission for the giveaway, just curious about my points.

Last edited:
Wow... If I am reading this right... it looks like I will never be able to qualify for anything, because after many years I have a lifetime point total of just over 100k points, and I've been doing this for a few years. Is 156 Points Per Day normal for a dual core 3.7GHz processor running at 100% for between 8-12 hours per day?

no you need to run the SMP client.. at the top of the forum section look for the SMP setup guide that zero82z made.. you should be able to get 2000-3000ppd out of that thing..

maybe we can get this stickied or the signup thread atleast(like the Boxen giveaway)

no you need to run the SMP client.. at the top of the forum section look for the SMP setup guide that zero82z made.. you should be able to get 2000-3000ppd out of that thing..

OK, followed the guide, and on my system with a Phenom II 550BE, everything is running great with A3 core, but I followed the exact same steps (changing the machine ID of course) on my Athlon 64 X2 6000+ system, and it's running core 78. What did I do wrong?

on my Athlon 64 X2 6000+ system, and it's running core 78. What did I do wrong?
Double check to make sure you put in the -smp flag as a command line option?

Double check to make sure you put in the -smp flag as a command line option?

Yes, I put it in, but after the -configonly. Removed the service, nuked the directory, started fresh putting the -smp first, no problems now. Thanks for your help!

Yes, I put it in, but after the -configonly. Removed the service, nuked the directory, started fresh putting the -smp first, no problems now. Thanks for your help!

remove the configonly flag, its only needed at first run.

javascript:document.vbform.message.value=document.vbform.message.value + '\n\n'; document.vbform.submit(); halt;

I would love to do this but I haven't been able to fold for over a month now...Gave my card to the old man after his card died so now I'm using one from the old parts bin until Christmas :p

wow 90k in a month?
no way I can do that.
Seems like the contests lately are geared toward those who have access to many boxen.

90k in a month (assuming 30day month) equates to 3000 PPD. So it's not terribly unattainable.

A Core 2 Quad Q6600 (at 2.8GHz) on the SMP client can do 5k PPD on average pretty easily. I know because that's what I'm running!

wow 90k in a month?
no way I can do that.
Seems like the contests lately are geared toward those who have access to many boxen.

Actually, that average out to 3000 ppd. That number is very doable with a CPU or video card that is 2-3 generations old. My 9600GSO does 3k PPD by itself. Just as a point of comparison, the average ppd of Team 33's 908 active folders is 6500. So this contest only requires that you do a little less than half of the average team member's ppd.

I'm willing to bet that most of the people that aren't doing 3k ppd are running old or misconfigured clients. One of the best things about these contests is that they bring people back to the forums asking for help so that we can get their systems configured correctly.

If you tell us what equipment you have access to, we are happy to help you maximize your ppd on it.

^what he said.

If your not getting the ppd to qualify for the contest chances are you have something set up wrong.

^what he said.

If your not getting the ppd to qualify for the contest chances are you have something set up wrong.

Im folding on 3 rigs nearly 24/7.
I am no damn L33THaxor so my badge works 50% of the time, so am I in?
I have 3 kids and a wife but she's letting me buy a GTX 460 on Labor Day if they go on sale (It's a sure thing anyway)I know I will have enough Work Units with the 460 and if I win I can have SLI!
I started folding for this compitition and the i7 system. If there really is a need for me to have some pimply faced kid post my badge I will mow the lawn for his dad to get it done. Im too stupid to figure out that stuff, and I'm an advanced practice nurse with 6 years college. Sheesh.
So am I in?

Im folding on 3 rigs nearly 24/7.
I am no damn L33THaxor so my badge works 50% of the time, so am I in?
I have 3 kids and a wife but she's letting me buy a GTX 460 on Labor Day if they go on sale (It's a sure thing anyway)I know I will have enough Work Units with the 460 and if I win I can have SLI!
I started folding for this compitition and the i7 system. If there really is a need for me to have some pimply faced kid post my badge I will mow the lawn for his dad to get it done. Im too stupid to figure out that stuff, and I'm an advanced practice nurse with 6 years college. Sheesh.
So am I in?

Post in the entry thread, and don't put it in your sig, Kyle has that disabled.

HD-erOTY to the rescue!

Welcome to the team!

ok your a pimply faced kid with a wife and a 4 month old.. muhaahhahahahahaa!!!

Not so much :p

I run a multi-million dollar business in town. My assistant calls me an old man (I'm 27, but it is in ref to how I act.) I also tend to get along better with people that are 60, than people my own age. The savages they ten to be.

Not so much :p

I run a multi-million dollar business in town. My assistant calls me an old man (I'm 27, but it is in ref to how I act.) I also tend to get along better with people that are 60, than people my own age. The savages they ten to be.

nice.. i hate talking to people my own age as well.. i get along with people much older then me then i do people my age.. people and their damn internet talk and coded language shit can all burn in hell.. but i mean that in a nice way :D

/me goes back to looking for a minimum wage job.. lol

/back on topic..

Back