"For the [H]orde Boxen Giveaway!" Signup

I'm in
2.png

Well, that's a reason to do it for a team and full time! Been lurking here a long time, never found a reason to register, but here's one :p

Alright, I suppose I'm in. I'll get it running on another machine, too, just to "play it safe" in case my workstation implodes from the effort.

Yup, my workstation crapped out. Tweaked the fans & cooling settings in the firmware, and it should be okay now. (My VM box at work has been crunching away, though.)

count me in

started smp yesterday, stock intel cooler, temp at 99c, ordered a noctua to cool it down, in the meantime, I'm with a non smp client.

temp now at 60 under load :)

for those that might have wonder, a Noctua NH-CP12 SE14 will fit in a Antec P180 case along with a ATI 5850, it's thight but it fit

Last edited:
Yup, my workstation crapped out. Tweaked the fans & cooling settings in the firmware, and it should be okay now. (My VM box at work has been crunching away, though.)

Alright, workstation is stable, decent crunching going on. Too bad Folding@Home doesn't support GPU folding in OS X... (I just got my new Radeon HD 5770 installed. And while, yes, I could boot into Windows just to fold, I would prefer not to.)

I did just kill my desktop, though. Apparently it can't handle both GPU and CPU at full load. :( (Core [email protected] GHz+Radeon 4870X2/2. - a 4870X2 where one of the two GPUs has apparently died, the ATI control panel shows it as two 4870s, but won't turn on CrossFireX.)

Count me in!

Looks like my boxen went down 2 weeks ago and i didn't notice :mad:

I'll have to watch more closely from now on.

Last edited:
Just got a computer devoted to this, Yeah!
Best of luck to all of you but especially me ;-)

Back