Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Hold out for 3090 release

Votes: 51 26.7%
  • Wait for Navi and re-evaluate

Votes: 104 54.5%
  • Move to console

Votes: 11 5.8%

• Total voters
No rush with my 2080Ti.... have my eyes on an evga 3090 FTW3 or Kingpin... but no way in hell I am playing the F5 or sit at a store game. I can afford to wait, and will wait for the dust to settle.

Stupid question: Why is this paper launch nonsense the new norm in the last several years with a number of things and especially electronics? I have my own ideas but I want to see what others say.

Bought an Evga 2070 Super new from Amazon(used gift cards) will just use the Step-Up program for a 3080 FTW. Looks like Oct from the forums but will only cost me just over a couple hundred out of pocket. The wife still has her hopes on those preorders from earlier in the week. My preorders were canceled on Amazon and bh wasn't even certain they would be able to fulfill it before Christmas with all the orders they had before mine.

I’ve waited this long, a little longer won’t matter much....

Am I disappointed? Of course.

I'll keep hitting F5 until I find a card actually in stock or until my Amazon 'pre'-order ships. If that doesn't happen before the 3090 comes out then I might be tempted by it although the value proposition on it is terrible. At least I can keep it 3-4 years if need be where the 10GB 3080 might be a 2 year card if VRAM concerns are a thing.

If nothing is in stock by the Big Navi announcement then I might consider it.

No big deal.

Just thinking of the desperate minds that are buying these on eBay at ridiculous prices knowing that the 20GB variant may be released in November.

Do you think AMD will be able to release Big Navi with stable dirvers? Seems they've had a difficult time recently with getting stable drivers that don't crash/black screen.

Do you think AMD will be able to release Big Navi with stable dirvers? Seems they've had a difficult time recently with getting stable drivers that don't crash/black screen.
Wait for Big Drivers

Last edited:
I added to my vote. Based on the Gigabyte leaks this morning it looks the 20GB 3080's are going to be available far sooner than I thought they would be. At this point if I get my hands on an FE I'll get it but if not I'll probably wait for a 20GB AIB.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why some people will wait for AMD. Hell I hope they bring out a competitive card to go against Nvidia! We need them too.

As much as I would wait for AMD, I am sorry I will not buy another AMD GPU ever again.....Over so many years.....I mean fuck its decades now I have given AMD GPU's a chance and been burnt by drivers, or video bios (Brown screen of death anyone?).

I just plan to keep trying to get an Nvidia card. Sure I would love lower prices, yes as a company I do not like Nvidia on how they handled this launch, or how how bad Turing was IMO. I trust Nvidia drivers a heck of a lot more than AMD's.

Just my 0.02c

What if they throw in a free mousepad?

hahahha.....ill be honest, AMD can bring their rep back with the GPU's. Just look at how they clawed their way back from Bulldozer to the new Zen processors.

Bring out a good product, make sure drivers are top notch and people will start buying them again.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why some people will wait for AMD. Hell I hope they bring out a competitive card to go against Nvidia! We need them too.

As much as I would wait for AMD, I am sorry I will not buy another AMD GPU ever again.....Over so many years.....I mean fuck its decades now I have given AMD GPU's a chance and been burnt by drivers, or video bios (Brown screen of death anyone?).

I just plan to keep trying to get an Nvidia card. Sure I would love lower prices, yes as a company I do not like Nvidia on how they handled this launch, or how how bad Turing was IMO. I trust Nvidia drivers a heck of a lot more than AMD's.

Just my 0.02c

Waiting for AMD doesn't necessarily mean potential buyer is considering getting one. Many people are waiting on AMD because depending on where it performs and how it's priced, it could trigger a response from nVidia that benefits said potential buyer.

I added to my vote. Based on the Gigabyte leaks this morning it looks the 20GB 3080's are going to be available far sooner than I thought they would be. At this point if I get my hands on an FE I'll get it but if not I'll probably wait for a 20GB AIB.

My only concern is what the price hike on such a card is going to look like. If it's only $100 or so, maybe. I could see it being closer to like $200-250, though.

God has spoken to me.
"You really didnt need that 3080.
Buy that shotgun you've been looking at."

I miss action shotgun. Every event was canceled until next weekend. Rd counts dropped to 100 from the usual 3-400. So that's not even an event, more like a practice rd I have to pay for.

I even shot a GSSF recently just to hear steel drop.

Great monolouge on the state of the community. The outrage on not being able to get the 3080 just has become rather disturbing.

Take a step back, count your blessings, and try another day.
This is how fanatic it's become. People melting down and crap....lol it's a video card!

hahahha.....ill be honest, AMD can bring their rep back with the GPU's. Just look at how they clawed their way back from Bulldozer to the new Zen processors.

Bring out a good product, make sure drivers are top notch and people will start buying them again.

MLID claims Lisa Su is super duper serious this time about having good drivers.🤷‍♂️

MLID claims Lisa Su is super duper serious this time about having good drivers.🤷‍♂️

I mean its possible. I know the AMD motherboard drivers have been pretty good. So who knows maybe they will, but I plan to wait for Nvidia. I will wait and see how the reaction is.

God has spoken to me.
"You really didnt need that 3080.
Buy that shotgun you've been looking at."

You better hide your wallet before the divinity gets to subgun scriptures!
Sweet-Baby-J.jpgfree photo upload

My impluse buy level has decreased. Going to wait until AMD shows what they got and how fast the 3090 really is.

I think I made the 200IQ move here - I ordered an EVGA 2080 super FTW3 ultra direct from newegg for something like $750 or so. Ill be using the EVGA step up program to upgrade that to either a 3080/3090 - depends on how reviews and how the whole 24 vs 10gb of vram thing goes in reviews as I run a 34" ultrawide @ 144-160hz

I think I made the 200IQ move here - I ordered an EVGA 2080 super FTW3 ultra direct from newegg for something like $750 or so. Ill be using the EVGA step up program to upgrade that to either a 3080/3090 - depends on how reviews and how the whole 24 vs 10gb of vram thing goes in reviews as I run a 34" ultrawide @ 144-160hz
I’ll probably do the same thing with a 2070 next week if I can’t get a 3090 or a 3080.

Back