Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Hold out for 3090 release

Votes: 51 26.7%
  • Wait for Navi and re-evaluate

Votes: 104 54.5%
  • Move to console

Votes: 11 5.8%

• Total voters
I'll keep trying until I get something. Spend a couple of hours a day till it happens.

The rest of the time I'll be gaming on my 2080 Ti.

I'm sure I'll get my hands on one before the big Navi announcement,

If a 20GB model is announced before I get my hands on the 10GB model I'll wait but I highly doubt that will happen.

No interest in the 3090 at that price point.

I still doubt that AMD will release something competitive to the 3080.

I was always going to buy a PS5 and 3080 so nothing changes there.

I think I'm gonna wait a little while. My 2070 ain't exactly a slouch especially at 1080p. This kinda forces me to wait and see what the 3070 can do too. Hell it might turn out that that's the card for me, especially at nearly half the price.

Nothing, my gtx 1080 egpu and rtx 2060 in the gaming laptop are far more than I need. Most the games when I rarely play are 15 years old so 4k 60 fps is effortless even with these cards. I will be keep an eye out for the AMD release out of curiosity. So if I ever decide to do another tower that isn't work related I know what to buy.

Disappointed I didn't get one, but on the bright side I now have more time to learn about the differences between the various cards and whether any water blocks will be feasible on the FE.

Disappointed I didn't get one, but on the bright side I now have more time to learn about the differences between the various cards and whether any water blocks will be feasible on the FE.

EK has already said FE block incoming

Reactions: Epos7
like this
To clarify and keep the thread as relevant as possible. This is for the folks who tried but failed to get a 3080. If you didn't try or don't intend to get a 3080, no need to post that what you have is perfect for you.

Last edited:
I will select option G): I wish to congratulate those 4% (other than bots and nuts who paid outrageous mark-up) who had tried very had today to get the card the old fashion way (non-bot clicking, in-person and robbing )

F5 a bit, cards do seem to keep showing up as In Stock but then almost immediately being OOS again.

Otherwise, wait to see what AMD brings if I can't get anything before October.

F5 a bit, cards do seem to keep showing up as In Stock but then almost immediately being OOS again.

Otherwise, wait to see what AMD brings if I can't get anything before October.
I assume that these bots are going to be left on for awhile. Guarantee they didn't say this morning "Got one, time to shut it off". This is the reason I'm done with the F5 and am heading out to try and be a productive member of society. I've changed my attitude this morning. I won't find the 3080, it will find me at some point.

I've got an Amazon e-mail stock alert on the card I want. I'll patiently keep an eye on my email and as soon as the email hits I'll take advantage of it. Out!

I'll give the 3090 FE direct from nvidia a shot, but I'm sure it will be exactly the same story - if not worse.

I've got an Amazon e-mail stock alert on the card I want. I'll patiently keep an eye on my email and as soon as the email hits I'll take advantage of it. Out!
Aren't those email alerts a bit on the slow side? From my experience they will often sell out before you even get an email. At bare minimum it seems like Distill would be more reliable.

I was only planning on getting a FE version now if I could nab one from BestBuy using my 10% B-day coupon. Figured with the discount I could play with it for a bit and sell if AMD has a better offering. But not willing to pay the full $700 for that experiment, I'll continue to wait to see what AMD brings to the table. My 5700XT can hold out for a while longer.

Considering the size of these cards and their power draw yall should be LUCKY that you didnt get one. Use your brains. Nvidia designed a whole new cooling device for these cards. Why? The GPU is larger than a 2080 and uses more power than a 2080Ti or Titan RTX... AFTER A DIE SHRINK!!!!

At first I really wanted one of these cards but kept getting a feeling that the whole story wasn't being told because the power draw was just being glossed over. I looked at that and the die size. This chip should be performing way more than what it is. So either this foundry + arc is bad or there's performance left on the table (and it should be the latter). For me I can wait.

There was some dude complaining about the reviews earlier here I thought he was crazy. But given the size of the chip and power draw the performance should be way higher.

I tried to get one but failed. Honestly the only use case scenario i can come up with is Valve Index at 120hz. Otherwise my 1080ti does just fine on my 2560x1440 144hz monitor. After reading more reviews, i am starting to think people that bought 2nd hand 2080ti for $500 are the real winners.

1600393190348.png

Maybe there is hope?

I tried to get one but failed. Honestly the only use case scenario i can come up with is Valve Index at 120hz. Otherwise my 1080ti does just fine on my 2560x1440 144hz monitor. After reading more reviews, i am starting to think people that bought 2nd hand 2080ti for $500 are the real winners.

I think dropping $500 on a used 2080 Ti right now is unwise. Their value isn't determined by the 3080. The 3070 is the problem. If it really gives the same performance at the same price, I'd still much rather have a new card with a warrany over a 2 year old one second hand.

I'd put a good used 2080 ti price at 400-450 depending on the model.

I have a 2080ti so I'm not in a hurry to move to the next gen. I also don't typically pick up the latest and greatest and don't mind waiting a while. I do like my tech toys though and with a new W-3175X scheduled to arrive Saturday (paid $2,000 plus tax for it), I also picked up an SR-3 from evga's site while it was on sale for $1,000:

evga-dark-mbs-size-comp.jpg

I'll be delidding the W-3175X, fwiw.

So what’s the point of the Notify Me email signup from Best Buy when it becomes available? Like at 9am EST I refreshed and at 9:01 it went from coming soon to sold out. It didn’t have enough time to even send out an email saying it was available to purchase. How in the world do these script bots buy up all stock within a minute or so of launch!? I mean I’m not upset just annoyed. I literally checked Best Buy every chance I get when I was at work. This will be a fun week checking for stock of the 3080.

If Nvidia wants to sell me a video card then have them available, not wasting my time over it. If AMD wants to sell me a video card then have them available as well. Best value for the performance I would consider worthwhile wins. Except in my case if both are good enough then I will just buy both if not more of each.

The 3080 is virtually at it's max clock rate, Gamer Nexus did three AIB models, what I saw of two of them was about a 2%-3% OC. Hell a good 2080 Ti was 10%+ with AIBs pushing past 10% over the FE, Pascal was even higher. Higher power, appears virtually maxed out, still with quiet coolers makes wanting to see AMD RDNA2 even more.

Crysis Remastered comes out tomorrow, on the 18, think I will spend my time playing that and not even worry about the non-existent for buying 3080 FE.

If Nvidia wants to sell me a video card then have them available, not wasting my time over it. If AMD wants to sell me a video card then have them available as well. Best value for the performance I would consider worthwhile wins. Except in my case if both are good enough then I will just buy both if not more of each.

The 3080 is virtually at it's max clock rate, Gamer Nexus did three AIB models, what I saw of two of them was about a 2%-3% OC. Hell a good 2080 Ti was 10%+ with AIBs pushing past 10% over the FE, Pascal was even higher. Higher power, appears virtually maxed out, still with quiet coolers makes wanting to see AMD RDNA2 even more.

Crysis Remastered comes out tomorrow, on the 18, think I will spend my time playing that and not even worry about the non-existent for buying 3080 FE.
Feeling the same way. Also, it's too bad that Crysis remastered is only sold on the epic store for PC. Found that out today and it became an instant pass. I really dislike exclusives - also, when I blow away my OS, the epic client makes me re-download everything that I already have on my RAID array - no way to import. Fuck that noise.

Nvidia made it easy to wait for team red, but I'll be sticking with team green, didn't pay too much for this damn g-sync monitor for nothing! But really, Nvidia screwed the pooch on this launch to try and get in front of AMD for sure!

You don’t need to manually review the same name, mailing address, form of payment, etc.
“For” condition rule set would weed out a lot of scalpers.
Yes I know bottling is supposed to spread the interactions but the behavior of botnet GET requests are usually what give them away to WAFs.

View attachment 280227
Don't fuck with Granny!

What are you planning to do?

The only thing I really can do:

1. Sell my 2080Ti to one of the"WTB 2080Ti $150?" guys in the F/S forum
2. Try like hell to get a 3080 for a few weeks but fail miserably (i.e. God determines he hates me)
3. Buy back my 2080Ti from the same guy for $650-$750 in October
4. PROFIT

Last edited:
More interested in the 3090 and I will hold out for that one. Hopefully the 3090 will be easier to purchase since it's more expensive.

Hoping to get an RX6000 direct from ATI.

That said, most of my hobby 'workload' these days is video editing vs gaming, and I already have a Radeon VII (which fits that bill very nicely), so it will be interesting to see of the RX6000 is actually an upgrade in that department.

Back