For Sale without pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBJM

Limp Gawd
Why are people allowed to put things up for sale on this site without pictures? It seems shady that the "seller" doesn't have to offer proof that they own the item.

We dont require pictures of items, but you are more than welcome to ask for them , but please remember, just because someone has the item, is no guarantee they will actually send it to you if you pay for it.
whenever dealing with anyone online, do your research ahead of time, and if you dont feel comfortable with the terms or the seller, dont buy from them

I've dealt with online forum FS sections before. What I am asking is: Why isn't there a common sense approach here like many of the other forums with the simple requirement of a picture?

Pictures help push a sale, give confidence to the buyer. If the seller doesn't want to do that it's their prerogative. If you want to buy something that doesn't have pictures then ask. If they don't want to take pictures then don't buy it, their loss.

If its an expensive item then I would like pictures, or if its an item that I feel I need pictures before purchase (like cosmetic issues). But some stuff I don't care about a picture. I bought a game with out a picture. I already know what the game looks like so I don't really need a picture. I have also bought some nics with out pictures either because I didn't really care what they looked like as long as they arrived.

Now I also have bought a radiator, I wouldn't have bought it without pics because I wanted to know that the fins weren't messed up. Some things it matters, some things it doesn't.

I've dealt with online forum FS sections before. What I am asking is: Why isn't there a common sense approach here like many of the other forums with the simple requirement of a picture?

There are plenty of pictures in the car section...one guy posted a bunch of his GTR..too bad he didn't own it...you see, it turns out pictures only prove you have a camera...

Like I said in my first reply, if you want pictures ask for them, and if it does not feel right, dont do the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back