For Sale: High Speed Camera, Thermal Camera

bwang

[H]ard|Gawd
Testing the waters on these, I figured someone here might be [H]ardcore enough to be interested in them...

I have a used-but-perfectly working Redlake MotionXtra HG-SE camera for sale. It can do 1280x1024 ("720p") at 500FPS, and 1280x512 at 1000FPS. It can also do higher resolutions at reduced vertical dimensions.

Here's an example of what it can do at 1000FPS.

This camera isn't for the faint of heart. Shooting high-speed requires a nontrivial amount of setup; I used 400W of metal halide lighting for the video above, and a significant amount of post-processing was needed to turn the Bayer raw files the camera outputs into useful video.

I'm asking $4500 for this; expensive, I know, but the nearest thing available on the market is the Phantom Miro 3, and last I checked that was over $9K from Vision Research. For your money you'll get:
  • The camera itself
  • Nikon 50mm f/1.4 lens
  • Tokina 24-40mm f/2.8 lens
  • 2006 Macbook (non-Pro) with Windows XP and control software preloaded; you will need this particular model of laptop since it is (as far as I know) the only laptop ever made with a powered Firewire port.

Next up I have a BAE SCC500 thermal camera. This camera has an uncooled microbolometer sensor and can do 60Hz at 160x120. The camera came to me as an OEM module; I built an enclosure with a display and battery for it. It has significantly higher framerate than the FLIR i7 (and 33% more pixels), and is great for electronics work (find those hotspots on your circuit boards!) or home repairs.

Asking $2500 for this one; I figured the increase in framerate and resolution over the i7 are worth the less convenient enclosure.

All prices are shipped worldwide; I will ship domestic orders via UPS overnight shipping, and international orders via standard UPS international.

Feel free to ask me questions; pictures will be uploaded shortly, once I get some nice photos of the goods.

Back