FOR SALE - Custom Built 6th Gen i5 Desktop, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD+250GB SSD, GeForce GTX 960 4GB

hamptown42

n00b
Custom Built Gaming Computer! Very fast, especially when booting up. ($1,350)

32 GB ram, 1TB internal Hard Drive + 250GB Samsung SSD
Newest 6th Generation SkyLake Intel Core Processor
Windows 10 64-bit already comes installed (installed on the SSD for fast boot-up time)

Case -NZXT S340 ATX White Computer Case with side window
Processor -Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz 6th Generation (SkyLake) LGA 1151
Motherboard -ASUS Z170-AR LGA 1151 ATX Intel Motherboard
Graphics Card -Zotac GeForce GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 Video Card, comes with 3 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI
Storage -WD Black Performance 1TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Storage -Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD
RAM -EVGA 32GB 4x8GB DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 CL15 Desktop Memory
Power Supply -Corsair CX Series CX750M 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply
Cooling System -Thermaltake Riing 3.0 RGB Water CPU Cooler
OS -Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating System

20160303_012309.jpg

20160303_005759.jpg
graphics 2.jpg
motherboard 2.jpg
motherboard 4.jpg
RAM 1.jpg

operating system and memory.jpg
storage space.jpg

Last edited:
You might get some interest if you actually included a link to the auction

Did you mean to list the condition as "for parts, not working"

Condition: For parts or not working: An item that does not function as intended and is not fully operational. This includes items that are defective in ways that render them difficult to use, items that require service or repair, or items missing essential components. See the seller’s listing for full details. See all condition definitions

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think you are asking too much for a core i5 build with 960 cards. You should check out recently sold items of similar computer for more accurate pricing.

that was the exact price that was spent on the entire build though. the i5 is the new slylake 6th gen processor.

Don't mean to intrude, but I can get a prebuilt system with i7 and GTX 980 for cheaper - 1200; why would anyone pay that price for an i5? (not even K edition)

that was the exact price that was spent on the entire build though. the i5 is the new slylake 6th gen processor.

Honestly, the price may reflect what you paid, but it sorta shows how the part selection wasn't optimal. Non-k processor with a 240mm AIO cooler, 32GB of memory, way overspecced PSU for current system. Best of luck, but you may not find much interest here.

Don't mean to intrude, but I can get a prebuilt system with i7 and GTX 980 for cheaper - 1200; why would anyone pay that price for an i5? (not even K edition)

Yes you can, with the older LGA 1150 setup and DDR3. Everything we built with, our motherboard, RAM, all works on LGA 1151 and DDR4. The Skylake processor that's in our build is much better than the Haswell processors that have been around for a while. This computer was built for optimal speed in every which way. Fast boot up especially.

Honestly, the price may reflect what you paid, but it sorta shows how the part selection wasn't optimal. Non-k processor with a 240mm AIO cooler, 32GB of memory, way overspecced PSU for current system. Best of luck, but you may not find much interest here.

When you refer to current system, are you talking about the Haswell 1150 processors that work alongside DDR3 RAM and motherboards? If so, I'm pretty sure you're aware of the new 6th Gen Skylake processor that works with DDR4 RAM and motherboards. Pretty awesome upgrade. This computer was built for the intent to appeal to gamers and people who appreciate and enjoy a fast computer, between boot up and running speed. Maybe it doesn't appeal to your desires or needs, but there are those out there who enjoy a fast computer. And this computer will last for a while, being that it's already built to accommodate the up and coming system.

By reading your posts and the ebay listing it sounds like you are small shop trying to sell systems to the general public. You have to understand that [H] is an enthusiast computer forum the type of consumer you are looking for isn't to be found here. A Skylake i5 in most cases is not going to be any faster than a Haswell i7 or hell even a Haswell i5. DDR 3 or 4 not making any significant difference in speed save a few benchmarks. There's plenty of people here who see no need to upgrade from even a 2500 or 2600K because most things don't need the few extra points in a benchmark. A fast gaming system in here does not have a 960 GTX for a graphics card that's mid-range for this forum. It's not bad but again something most users here would purchase to breathe a little more life into a system with an older gpu.

I'm not going to rant about your pricing it's fair for a pre-built system for the general consumer or casual gamer but people here are not looking for that. A serious gamer wants a more powerful gpu anyone wanting to do content creation will want at least an i7 Skylake if not a six or 8 core. The system is trying to be something it's not. It's too expensive and powerful for a basic home pc yet not powerful enough for a serious gamer or content creator. I wish you good luck with your sale however I just don't think you will find the buyer you are looking for on this forum.

By reading your posts and the ebay listing it sounds like you are small shop trying to sell systems to the general public. You have to understand that [H] is an enthusiast computer forum the type of consumer you are looking for isn't to be found here. A Skylake i5 in most cases is not going to be any faster than a Haswell i7 or hell even a Haswell i5. DDR 3 or 4 not making any significant difference in speed save a few benchmarks. There's plenty of people here who see no need to upgrade from even a 2500 or 2600K because most things don't need the few extra points in a benchmark. A fast gaming system in here does not have a 960 GTX for a graphics card that's mid-range for this forum. It's not bad but again something most users here would purchase to breathe a little more life into a system with an older gpu.

I'm not going to rant about your pricing it's fair for a pre-built system for the general consumer or casual gamer but people here are not looking for that. A serious gamer wants a more powerful gpu anyone wanting to do content creation will want at least an i7 Skylake if not a six or 8 core. The system is trying to be something it's not. It's too expensive and powerful for a basic home pc yet not powerful enough for a serious gamer or content creator. I wish you good luck with your sale however I just don't think you will find the buyer you are looking for on this forum.

I highly appreciate this comment on our post, this has been the most useful neutral critical response we've received, and highly appreciate the input.

Back