For people who keep asking whether they have a B3 or G0 Q6600

The people who keep asking this question won't bother to read this thread, most likely. The information for their answer has been posted multiple times in multiple threads, they just don't look/search before they ask.

The people who keep asking this question won't bother to read this thread, most likely. The information for their answer has been posted multiple times in multiple threads, they just don't look/search before they ask.

It's too bad that my posting here can't be kept here at the beginning of the Intel Threads, or something simular, that has the links for people to look this information up.

Or people should try GOOGLING instead of depending on this site.

The only time I see people asking about the stepping, is when its in a F/S thread....

Those links will only work with a CPU thats in your hand..:)

Or people should try GOOGLING instead of depending on this site.

Thats the dumbest thing I have read in a very long time. Whats the point of this site/forum if not to get information and learn about PC components. If you don't like it I suggest you get your self righteous ass down off your high horse and find your self some sort of elitist bridge to jump off of.

Thats the dumbest thing I have read in a very long time. Whats the point of this site/forum if not to get information and learn about PC components. If you don't like it I suggest you get your self righteous ass down off your high horse and find your self some sort of elitist bridge to jump off of.

Lighten up dickhead. This site DOES NOT ALWAYS HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS. I'm just suggestng that a GOOGLE search you will end up with the questions you might be looking for. If you want a quick answer to your question, GOOGLE is your friend. Or else try waiting for a hours or days for someone to respond to something that's already been posted everywhere on GOOGLE.

Lighten up dickhead. This site DOES NOT ALWAYS HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS. I'm just suggestng that a GOOGLE search you will end up with the questions you might be looking for. If you want a quick answer to your question, GOOGLE is your friend. Or else try waiting for a hours or days for someone to respond to something that's already been posted everywhere on GOOGLE.

But most of the time it does and if someone feels more comfortable asking someone else on this forum than googling for the answer thats their prerogative and I am pretty sure most people know their options and choose to come here anyways. My original post still stands and after reading some of your other posts I really hope you take it to heart.

How about this? Everyone who is sick of it either not answer the question(s) or mock those who ask repeated questions.

How many of those here that complain the most about people asking questions, w/o doing a search, have an "Absolutely Perfect" record themselves?

Look in the mirror, when you were green at knowing about computers, didn't you too ask questions, and were ignorant about things? Give people a break. You've got people who are always doing things for the first time, such as building a computer system. The first thing they automatically do is ask a question(s).

How about putting a big message at the top of each subject matter, telling everyone to do a search first, before asking any questions there? End of story.

I mean, I think that asking repeated question is what makes the forums....fun. Imagine the forum with just a few threads that are hundreds and hundreds of pages long of just people asking questions in the same thread. Or even worst, people not asking questions at all since everything is supposedly answered already. Just picture it guys. BORING!!!!!
Of course, I agree that there shouldn't be like 10 different questions asking the exact same thing right next to the other, just with different words. But we need to ask the same questions over time since people's opinion about something might change over time.

Not directly related to this situation, but I just felt like I had to say it. :p

And by the way, what's the point of people attacking others with words? I mean...Why? I still don't get how things like "dickhead" come out of nowhere in conversations here. But w/e, that's how life is. Confusing.

I mean, I think that asking repeated question is what makes the forums....fun. Imagine the forum with just a few threads that are hundreds and hundreds of pages long of just people asking questions in the same thread. Or even worst, people not asking questions at all since everything is supposedly answered already. Just picture it guys. BORING!!!!!
Of course, I agree that there shouldn't be like 10 different questions asking the exact same thing right next to the other, just with different words. But we need to ask the same questions over time since people's opinion about something might change over time.

Not directly related to this situation, but I just felt like I had to say it. :p

And by the way, what's the point of people attacking others with words? I mean...Why? I still don't get how things like "dickhead" come out of nowhere in conversations here. But w/e, that's how life is. Confusing.

Exactly. ;)

Yeah I know I shouldn't have use the word "dickhead" but I just couldn't sit back and let someone single me out and attack me.

I have no problem with people asking questions again and again. I have done it myself but it doesn't mean I didn't try google first.

Some of us been here a long time so yeah, we can call ourselves hyprocrite. But nobody here is perfect. This is a great board and the noobies with their same repetitive questions does keep this forum alive and keep some of us thinking cap on so that our brain won't lose all the knowledge we have gained and pass it on to the noobies.:p That way the cycles continue.

I admit to not reading through this entire thread (not that it's that long) , but it was due to sheer excitement.

I did a search for G0 stepping and this thread came up. So I clicked on the link to identify the processor I just received from NewEgg and I was elated to see that I have G0 stepping.

I know it won't make up for people who don't use the search function (there's a bunch in every forum), but I for one would like to say thank you for creating this thread. And I know I'm a noob, but would it be worth it to make it a sticky for a while?

Back