For MB that support 2 x PCI e (x16), can it run on XP Pro SP1?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I am not using SLI, I just need 2 x PCI E (x16) videos cards for 3 monitors. Can I run it w/ XP Pro SP1?

Because I try to install the 2nd video card (identical to the first) and XP Pro doesn't seems to be able to detect it

I am not using SLI, I just need 2 x PCI E (x16) videos cards for 3 monitors. Can I run it w/ XP Pro SP1?

Because I try to install the 2nd video card (identical to the first) and XP Pro doesn't seems to be able to detect it

Why not just upgrade to SP2? Or are you a pirate, yarrr?

I bought the original OEM ver. of XP PRo that c/w HP computer. But when go to upgrade, microsoft doesn't recognize the OEM ver., it's a common problem w/ OEM CD.

It should not be an issue. It should support it. You are not doing anything that hasn't been done many times in the past. Can install as many video devices as you want in Windows XP, no SP, SP1, or SP2.

It's odd that XP doesn't detect it, what motherboard? videocard?

See, that's what I thoght too, except I figure it must have something to do w/ the fact that it's a 2nd video card.

It's a HP XW9300, HP motherboard, the video card is XFX 7950GT, bought it from one of the member here. The card is running just fine.

Back