for Blu-ray Pure Audio disc, if I only use PCM 5.1 mode, is there a difference vs. CD?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
So I'm reading the spec. of this music Blu-ray 50GB disc, it says 24 bit / 96kHz, and it plays at 3 modes: PCM 5.1/ dts-HD / Dolby TrueHD

Suppose I only have a left / right speaker set and play this Blu-ray pure audio at PCM 5.1 only, in that case, is there a noticeably difference of the same songs compares to a music CD?

So I'm reading the spec. of this music Blu-ray 50GB disc, it says 24 bit / 96kHz, and it plays at 3 modes: PCM 5.1/ dts-HD / Dolby TrueHD

Suppose I only have a left / right speaker set and play this Blu-ray pure audio at PCM 5.1 only, in that case, is there a noticeably difference of the same songs compares to a music CD?
If you only have a 2Ch set-up, it shouldn't matter which mode you listen in.

It was a format that was dead before most people knew it existed. I’ve got like 3 or 4 albums. Very limited selection, and the prices are varied.

but the disc is 25 to 50gB, right? so they must have pack a lot more audio quality signal in a disc of that size?

PCM 5.1/ dts-HD / Dolby TrueHD are what the movie's audio are encoded. If i'm not mistaken, a bluray has more audio data on it than video. You need to take into account that there are 3 different formats, PCM 5.1/ dts-HD / Dolby TrueHD, and multiple languages, usually, saved on the Blu Ray disc. This will account to more than have of the 50GB. This is a Blu Ray video disc and not only a Blu Ray audio disc?

If you are only running 2ch on your receiver and you are delivering DD 5.1 to your receiver, your receiver will demux(extract) the audio down-channel, then down sample the audio.

For best results, your amp should be set on Direct Mode, or Pure Mode or whatever your amp calls it. If your amp set to this it's only available in 2ch stereo and it'll supports High Definition streams 24bit @ 96khz which are actually two 48khz streams making the double stereo channel. There should be a noticeable difference compared to a cd, however, I notice more of a performance enhancement using HD streams in 5 or 7 channel stereo.

Let me know what differences you notice when you get your Blu Ray media.

Enjoy!

Well, since a music CD in generally limited to 16 bit @ 44.1kHz, I would say depending on the type of music and the speakers you are using, you could notice a difference.

Back