For all you DoW peeps

xTABx7

Gawd
What is your prize multiplayer race? I cant get enough of the chaos army. The blood Thirster is just unstopable.

I'm still trying to find my niche.
I like Chaos, but haven't really got it down yet.
The defiler is cool, but way underpowered.
I do like playing with Orks. I think they are just fun to play with, but a couple of nicely equipped squad of marines can mow right through them.

i would have to say first is chaos, then space. I like the orks and they are fun to play, but games seem to take forever with them, not to mention i have taken down 4 sguoths(sp?) in one game with chaos. Eldar, well, han't gotten the hang of them yet, still working on that one i like them so far though. I have to post my screen shot of the bloodthirster thought, i will do that when i get home

Eldar is good, It just seems to take way to long to get them up to full strength, some marines can easily just walk all over their early infantry. But that avatar think they got is the real deal.

Sorry, but IMO, all of the races play the same. Come on, they have the basic buildings that serve the same functions, and the units who do too. Oh, and did I forget the building animations? There's something that TRULY sets each race apart.

End flame.

ElementK said:
Sorry, but IMO, all of the races play the same. Come on, they have the basic buildings that serve the same functions, and the units who do too. Oh, and did I forget the building animations? There's something that TRULY sets each race apart.

End flame.

Really...

What is the space marine equivelent of the blood thirster? Oh, that's right, the space marines don't have a super unit.

I've only played as the space marines so far, because it takes some time to really get to know a race. I'm finally getting comfortable with them. I tried the chaos, but the whining unit acknowledgements are just too much for me. Although the Chaos Lord makes me laugh. He's got that snort sound he makes when he talks that's kind of funny.

The Marines make me feel all powerful and junk. Just the bullets ripping everywhere. And that walking mech thing... it's finishing move is awesome. Spin 'n Shred. Woo hoo!!! :D

if you wanna feel powerfull, send your army at an oponents base and when they think their land raider is gonna dominate, flr the bloodthirster in behind them... good bye base

Pics are kinda big 500KB to 800KB each but here they are

Bloodslaughter, oh yeah

relic00010.jpg

Jumping shot

relic00012.jpg

And the ablosute chaos from my last game

relic00018.jpg

i just downloaded this game a few days ago and i think i'm going to talk my buddies into buying it with me. So far i've only played a few single player missions but it seems really cool.

I enjoy the Eldar, they have strong defensive capabilities, and most people aren't too familiar with the sneaky things they can do (yet). I'm a defensive player, I always like to get a good defense up before an offense, and the eldar work for me in that regard.

Unless I'm rushed, most of the first attacks people send at me hardly hurts my turrets. They use all their troops on my defenses, and then I assault them while they are weak. Muhahaha.

Coolest part of the eldar, the webways. They freakin rock.

i dont like the elders simply because even though they hold up a good defensive wall, once you knock out a couple turrents their units are easily overrun.

ElementK said:

End flame.

than you wouldn't like to play the table top game. Most every army has an equivalent in another army.

Only differences is army preferances. The SM are pretty all around, they can go toe to toe, and also stay back. Orcs are meant for swarming over armys, so they have lower point costs. Chaos are pretty much a direct copy of the SM (duh) but have better hand to hand i believe. The Imperial Gaurd are long distance fighters, using their tanks to their advantage. The Eldar generally stay back, not excelling at hand to hand. The Tau are very much like orcs, only with distance as their ally, not hand to hand. Necrons are generally weak but they can come back to life. et cetera. But i just realized i started mentioning army's not in DoW. my bad :)

But generally speaking - all units have a direct compliment in another army. Also take a look at command and conquer, Warcraft 3, and most every other RTS. They all have ths same units in their armys! It's just one of those things, it's how the army's balance out.

If they didnt make the armys balanced then why would you want to play any other army. Then there would be no point to having the other armys there. Each army does have its strength and weakness. I do agree tho that there isnt alot of imfasis on the bases, but more on the units. I do wish that there was not a cap to how many units you can have (even tho I understand that it is just staying true to the table top game). All in all this is a very fun game, The opening video is just breath taking, especialy for those of us who have been playing the table top game for so long. I am truely wishing they would produce a movie based in the warhammer universe (live action or cg). For example any of the guants ghost novels would be fantastic (and easy to do, just imperial guard and chaos...for the most part). But that is an entirely diffrent topic.

JEEVES

ps, i played imperial guard and still think that is the best army to play.

xTABx7 said:
i dont like the elders simply because even though they hold up a good defensive wall, once you knock out a couple turrents their units are easily overrun.

what i like to do with the eldars is to pair up the farseer with the council, upgrade them all... then use the guide function and emolation? i use that as the hand to hand with squads of dark reapers backing them up... can hold off many troops for a good amount of time.

Back