Folding@home top 10 teams

I think other teams are out-producing us and attracting more crunchers than we do. Looking at weekly output, there are more than 30+ teams ahead of us.

Over the past 3 years, we are doing well against our prior years.

The covid-19 adds interest in FAH which include participation from those with deep pockets/large organizations (eg. Nvidia Corp, AWSFolds, Cern & LHC) where some of them will overtake us in the next few months.

This is good for FAH without saying.

1593292758856.png

1593293166913.png

Looks like [H] has dropped out of the top 10 teams.
https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=33

Our production is on a decline too. Has interest petered out or is it just part of the Summer cycle of things?
I just joined this spring, but I’m sitting out for summer. It’s hot enough already. Sad to see it fall, but it’s impressive it stayed as long as it had. Some of the others have full fledged data centers on board...and a website still. ;)

I was just noticing the team's numbers were on a downward trend again. Just wondered if the excitement had faded or if it was a planned down time for many. I know I cut a lot of my DC out for the Summer. But I typically ramp back up when I stop fearing sunburns...

I sold the 1080, and won't be running my other 1070 until I get a power supply for another machine. GTA online random crashes when I have 2 cards for whatever reason. Even with it not folding while its running:/

I think its a combination of both Summer, and the waning of interest in Covid. All the teams are seeing something similar

I think its a combination of both Summer, and the waning of interest in Covid. All the teams are seeing something similar
I don't think its a waning interest in covid distributing work with the normal crowd (or even new crowd of DC participants), though I do agree about the summer as there seems to be seasonal participation historically. I think the other part is the general WU availability issues with F@H in general. The big corporate sponsors (Nvidia, AWS, etc) are eating up any remaining available GPU WUs, and have been for a while, and if you're in it for the points / team competitions, there isn't any motivation to run F@H CPU slots. Without having done any serious analysis, it seems like Rosetta@Home picked up a huge number of users when F@H couldn't stay stable. Very recently, Rosetta ran out of work and a bunch of people reallocated to open pandemics.

My guess is that the subset of people who wanted to participate signed up for F@H. When that didn't work well, a subset of those moved to supporting boinc projects, and then never moved their gear back to F@H. I would be one of those people - I quit running F@H, Seti, GPU Grid, etc in 2017. With covid I fired up the systems again and when it didn't work well I moved to other projects. Some of the people I convinced to join followed me when I added Rosetta and then Open Pandemics.

I'm about to hit 100mil for Team 33. Started once Covid hit the work list. Its small pennies compared to the juggernauts on the team but hope it helps the numbers.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/That_Sound_Guy

I have 2 CPU's and 2 GPU's right now. I need to read up on the cure coin or the other various threads posted on if there's any benefit to switching. Just F@H for me right now.

Curecoin requires you to join their team. Foldingcoin, you can stay on this team but you would most likely need to create a new account because they use the wallet address in the user name to filter the stats to know who to give rewards to. I have a guide on it over in our mining sub section https://hardforum.com/threads/how-to-get-set-up-to-earn-foldingcoin.1994237/

Don't be surprised if their servers are down as I find that happens a lot. I actually rarely check FLDC and need to see if they are even still paying out..lol

Last edited:
Curecoin requires you to join their team. Foldingcoin, you can stay on this team but you would most likely need to create a new account because they use the wallet address in the user name to filter the stats to know who to give rewards to. I have a guide on it over in our mining sub section https://hardforum.com/threads/how-to-get-set-up-to-earn-foldingcoin.1994237/

Don't be surprised if their servers are down as I find that happens a lot. I actually rarely check FLDC and need to see if they are even still paying out..lol

Thanks. I'm in this for hope it helps solve any human health issue. If the team doesn't get any more points or recognition, the minor "rewards" from folding are not relevant. I'll leave things as they are.

I'm about to hit 100mil for Team 33. Started once Covid hit the work list. Its small pennies compared to the juggernauts on the team but hope it helps the numbers.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/That_Sound_Guy

I have 2 CPU's and 2 GPU's right now. I need to read up on the cure coin or the other various threads posted on if there's any benefit to switching. Just F@H for me right now.
That_Sound_Guy, congrats on reaching the 100M milestone and keep crunc[H]ing. ;)

I use Folding@Home for another team (one I've been with even longer than I've been here.) It's been dropping too - after being in the top 20 for many years. Lots of new teams getting new people, leaving the "old, stable" teams in the dust.

That said, I did manage to get F@H on my kid's gaming computer - now over 2 million points per day!

To me it seems more and more project have come online over the years as we try to spread the love out. Folding@Home was like an original that I worked on initially but now am spread out on others.

There a press release or good article about Nvidia putting this on F@H somewhere?
Edit, looks like it may have been temporary. Production dropped dramatically at midnight.

Last edited:
Back