Folding@Home bigadv EOL 3rd Anniversary Challenge: [H] vs TAAT

I noticed my GPUs (cuda) running at 84-87% when I was folding with my cpu. With the cpu paused they jump up to 94-98%. Looks like about 30% of my cpu is being used just to support the GPUs. I limited the cpu to half the threads and the GPUs still drop when the cpu is folding... Strange!

Last time I folded it was all about cpu, looks like things have changed drastically!

Fun times, happy to contribute!

I noticed my GPUs (cuda) running at 84-87% when I was folding with my cpu. With the cpu paused they jump up to 94-98%. Looks like about 30% of my cpu is being used just to support the GPUs. I limited the cpu to half the threads and the GPUs still drop when the cpu is folding... Strange!

Last time I folded it was all about cpu, looks like things have changed drastically!

Fun times, happy to contribute!

Back in early 2012I was folding on a 2600k and a 560ti 448 core which was basically a 570.
At that time both my CPU and GPU would get me around 30K PPD each. I remember watching the GPU's start to take off after that. A Radeon 7970 for example was able to make 140K PPD

howmanybacons.png
66c.jpg

I haven't had red company in sooo long. Fold on! 🤘

Last edited:
So jad_sac is about to pass 2 billion points total, one billion of which he has done in the last 5 days.

Just speaking of contribution and dedication to Folding@home, I passed 30 billion days after this competition started after 20 years of contributing to this project.

Edit: Oh, and he is number 961 to the project, and I am number 32.

Damn. I've got a 1070Ti but it keeps erroring out before finishing a WU. It'll run desktop just fine but was crashing while gaming a year ago and PerfCap Reason in GPU-z is power limit so I guess there's a VRM issue or something. It's why I nabbed a RTX3060 in the 2 days it was available last year but I was hoping it would still run compute for the challenge.

Reactions: EXT64
like this
Nothing like a W to start the day.

The air is fresher, the work day seems shorter, and dat sweet sweet maple syrup tastes oh so much sweeter...

Back