Flying Robotic Bird

bucket

[H]ard|Gawd
I'd like to see a robotic polar bear model for when the real ones are all gone. It should be 20x more deadly than the original though, of course.

Methadras

Supreme [H]ardness
Festo clearly is showcasing their motion control technology and it is, I must say, very good. Festo also makes top notch woodworking tools as well, but their motion control tech is drool-worthy.

ninjaturtle

2[H]4U
Killer robot seagulls

The action in this episode is easily on par with anything Dirty Pair Flash has offered so far - it's imaginative, well directed and smoothly animated. The Sweet Fairy makes use of some ridiculous gadgets, including killer seagulls, a giant teddybear mech and tongue-in-cheek pretty girl magic wand.

:cool:

Teddybears next please!

DoggyDaddi

Gawd
I had a giant robotic owl once.. damn thing left bb's and gear oil in piles & puddles EVERYWHERE.. and it kept eating all my remotes.. fucker....

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness

^This* LOL

Pretty damn awesome work they've done there. There is something slightly off about the way it flies (specifically I think the flapping looks a bit different than a real bird), but it works nonetheless and looks very realistic overall.

michael.pa2

2[H]4U
A robotic eagle I could go for,but a seagull? Anyone who frequents the Jersey shore will tell you the only good one is a dead one!

Ascario

Weaksauce
Seeing it in flight is pretty cool, but how does it land? Does it fold back its wings? Now if they could manage THAT, then it would be truly amazing.

Lamont

2[H]4U
Didn't they sell these on TV back in the day? I remember seeing commercials for these when I was watching Swans Crossing.

IvRak

n00b
This comes to mind...

From Blade Runner:

Rachael: Do you like our owl?
Deckard: It's artificial?
Rachael: Of course it is.
Deckard: Must be expensive.
Rachael: Very.

rivertown_rat

Limp Gawd
Very impressive, at a distance it almost looks real. But I'm wondering what powers it; batteries probably. And that will be the real limiting factor in terms of it's usefulness as a spy/weapons platform. Once they get that licked though...

riot8ap

Supreme [H]ardness
We thought seagull poop was bad. Imagine battery acid raining from the sky!

SirKronan

Supreme [H]ardness
Wow, I want one. But a DRAGON?? That would be on my list of things to buy for sure...

Westernesse

Limp Gawd
That is awesome, I wonder how it fairs in strong winds or catching the wind/diving to achieve a high velocity.