flOw

The18thLetter

[H]ard|Gawd
It's up on the PlayStation Store finally, along with Q-bert and a Ridge Racer 7 demo (which the Japanese had at launch).

Who bit?

I did... currently @ 80% download.

Impressions in a bit.

Aw man...still no Tekken I'm guessing. You'd think a game that's been done for 2 months would've come out today, too.
What IS flOw exactly? The movie didn't really tell me anything.

Aw man...still no Tekken I'm guessing. You'd think a game that's been done for 2 months would've come out today, too.
What IS flOw exactly? The movie didn't really tell me anything.
Tekken is supposedly coming on the 26th.

As for flOw, I've played the Flash game before, and it had me stuck to my computer for a few hours. lol
I'm not sure how to describe it, but I just ripped this from Wiki:
"The game involves the player guiding a tiny, aquatic worm-like microorganism through various depths of the ocean to consume other organisms and to evolve their organism as the player advances."

That's it in a nutshell. lol

Ill be grabbing them when i get home.

Forgot they were going up today.

flOw has been a free flash game for a long time, I don't know if they've updated it at all for this version though. Entertaining for a little while but kind of repetitive.

flOw has been a free flash game for a long time, I don't know if they've updated it at all for this version though. Entertaining for a little while but kind of repetitive.
Basically.

I just finished playing a 30 minute game (100% in part due to the fact that I got a phone call from the girlfriend at that point), and it was refreshing to play the game again. The graphics have been improved severely (it's really, really attractive on the PS3), and I don't remember any music being in the Flash original... but the music on the PS3 version is very soothing.

I like it, though... and for $8, there's plenty of worse things to buy out there.

I wouldn't call this a game. More of a time waster, along the lines of minesweeper for windows. Not that thats a bad thing, just kinda pointless.

This is good if you are bored and dont want to play a real game, but are too lazy to get up and turn the PS3 off.

In a way this reminds me of Electroplankton on DS. There is really no point to it, but a nice lazy time waster. Good deal for $8. Should be free, but whatever.

Definitely a time waster like a previous poster said, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Most of the arcade games on the 360 i bust out when im just feeling ho hum and not feeling any game in particular.

Graphics have been drastically improved, some nice eye candy and good music. Nice addon to the PSN store imo.

I grabbed it last night. The controls are really nice after the first few initial minutes of the games. So much smoother than the flash version and you can turn around so much easier.

I grabbed it last night. The controls are really nice after the first few initial minutes of the games. So much smoother than the flash version and you can turn around so much easier.

Yup took me a few minutes to get used to how the sixaxis needed to be moved in order to control the game, but once you got used to it its pretty awesome. I honestly dont think the Wii controller could accomplish the same feel. At least for this particular game.

Personally I'm a little disappointed to be done with this 2 hours after buying it for $8. (Bearing in mind that you can buy TLoZ:OoT on the Wii for $10.)

Personally I'm a little disappointed to be done with this 2 hours after buying it for $8. (Bearing in mind that you can buy TLoZ:OoT on the Wii for $10.)

Cheaper than paying for 2 at Chick-fil-A :p

I enjoyed it, 2 player is fun (I hear its up to 4) and makes for a fun game to mess around with while one is drinking/smoking :p

Back