cageymaru

Fully [H]
Playground Games and Turn 10 Studios have taken the initiative to remove controversial dance emotes from Forza Horizon 4 that are the center of a lawsuit against Fortnite creators; Epic Games. Dance creators Alfonso Ribeiro, Backpack Kid, and 2 Milly filed lawsuits against Epic Games in response to their dances appearing in the game without their permission. The mother of "Orange Shirt Kid", Rachel McCumbers filed a lawsuit against Epic Games this week. Her son's dance was added to Fortnite after fans begged the game's developer, via an online petition, to include the child's dance. Her son submitted his video to get his dance added to the game, but didn't win. The patch notes for Forza Horizon 4 Series 5 can be viewed here.

There are currently no reports of any lawsuits against Turn 10 Studios, Playground Games, or publisher Microsoft, which means the removal of The Carlton and Floss from "Forza Horizon 4" today is likely just an attempt by those companies to cover their backsides.

Why does a racing game even have dancing?

Also the mom of the orange shirt kid is very greedy. He's happy his dance is in the game. She sued anyway.

Yeah she is a scum and I hope his kid will hate her for it. To my knowledge he was incredibly happy that even if he did not win the dance contest he got enough support that his dance got added in anyway. Nobody got financially compensated in this contest anyway, even the winner, and IIRC the dance was free to the players so what is there to sue? I think it will be dropped in a heartbeat.

Dancing emotes in a racing game?....

tenor.gif

Greedy mom whose going to be in for a shock when she finds out her son copied the dance from Roy Purdy. Granted part of the reason the dance made it in was because of the Orange Shirt Kid.. thus the name Orange Justice, but the dance credit on Epics site are to Roy.

Quick post youtube videos dancing in crazy new fashions so we can sue future successful industries... Ffs

fuck these people you cant own a dance, this is so stupid, is there a fucking patent on dances now ? jesus what is this world coming to

The world has been shit for decades. You've never been inside of a factory farm have you? Do you have any idea of the horror show that happens inside? Every single day on Earth there is immense suffering and most people don't lift a finger to change it.

Shit I'm probably in trouble. I use the Carlton GIF on Android to quick reply to idiot friend's comments all the time. This is getting out of control.

Good god how about during the boot screen just tell players, "sorry we wanted to add some silly fun but that dude who's career peeked 20 years ago and and other greedy fuckers wont let us

Well because its not really decided if these, so called 'dance creators' actually have legal leg to stand on. from what i have read it seems that the argument they are trying to make takes the performance of the dance rather broadly.

since these 'performances' are not the entirety of the act off playing the game but only a imitation of life it may constitute as fair use especially even more so in that it is transformative .

and even if they do find favor, its quite possible the production houses who paid for the scripts are the actually owners, and not the actors themselves because they were already paid for their work on the project.

In simple terms these people dont own jack all because their dances are nothing more than normal bodily movements and are not the primary part of a performance, even more so that if some one was willing to delve into to time necessary there is most likely prior art in the interpretative dance competition that these dances most likely directly or indirectly borrowed from .

in other words its bollocks. and should be thrown out of any court with prejudice.

Well because its not really decided if these, so called 'dance creators' actually have legal leg to stand on. from what i have read it seems that the argument they are trying to make takes the performance of the dance rather broadly.

since these 'performances' are not the entirety of the act off playing the game but only a imitation of life it may constitute as fair use especially even more so in that it is transformative .

and even if they do find favor, its quite possible the production houses who paid for the scripts are the actually owners, and not the actors themselves because they were already paid for their work on the project.

In simple terms these people dont own jack all because their dances are nothing more than normal bodily movements and are not the primary part of a performance, even more so that if some one was willing to delve into to time necessary there is most likely prior art in the interpretative dance competition that these dances most likely directly or indirectly borrowed from .

in other words its bollocks. and should be thrown out of any court with prejudice.

sooo... the lawsuits will probably win for a bajjilian dollars.

Did you guys know the original unreal tournament 2003 had dancing emotes in the victory screens of each match?

The world has been shit for decades. You've never been inside of a factory farm have you? Do you have any idea of the horror show that happens inside? Every single day on Earth there is immense suffering and most people don't lift a finger to change it.

Off-topic I know but Im glad to see someone recognize this. Also suffering in the natural world though, plenty of it. My hope is for machines to eventually replace living things but im crazy

Don't care about that crap in the game, anyway. I made my avatar into the Sleepy Douche when I first started and haven't touched the editor since.
Spotted the vegan.

What happened to the good old days where your character would just wave, give the finger, or make a jerkoff gesture??? Why do they have to dance??

1.) Why do these games have dancing in them at all?

2.) What, did they copyright their dance moves or something? Can you even do that?

These complaints seem frivolous. Just because you are the first to dance a certain way on Youtube doesn't mean you have any ownership rights to it what so ever.

Epic probably would have won in court, but decided the battle wasn't worth fighting due to legal costs, the risk of blowback or both.

That's just... lame. Don't waste my time with a dancing avatar, show me the race results and take me to the next race or main menu.

There's a lot more they could do to fix MP in FH4. The matchmaking, for example, is basically trash tier, where only A,S1,S2 races exist.

What's funny is is that long MP load times are almost certainly down to people playing this game on a toaster, and not the XB1 players.

I'm going to trademark my own dance, which is just me walking.

Then I'm going to sue everyone.

Destiny 2 has a shitload of emotes (including both of the ones above), so I'm curious if they're either paying to use them or if nobody has noticed.

Waiting for Elaine from Seinfeld to sue all the bad dancers in the world for copying her.

Back