Florida Targets High-Dollar Bitcoin Exchangers

HardOCP News

[H] News
These guys definitely qualify as the stupid criminals of the day. The genius converting cash for bitcoin for undercover cops was definitely my favorite. :D

According to this user’s profile, Michelhack has at least 100 confirmed trades in the past six months involving more than 150 Bitcoins (more than $110,000 in today’s value), and a 99 percent positive “feedback” score on the marketplace. The undercover agent and Michelhack allegedly arranged a face-to-face meeting and exchanged a single Bitcoin for $1,000, a price that investigators say included an almost 17 percent conversion fee.

Yeah... it kind of freaked me out until I read the article and saw that he knew that the purchaser intended to use bitcoins to buy stolen CC info. Scumbag imo.

Yeah... it kind of freaked me out until I read the article and saw that he knew that the purchaser intended to use bitcoins to buy stolen CC info. Scumbag imo.

I too was a bit worried. I was immediately beginning to wonder if somehow a law got passed real quick under the radar...I guess....that's what headlines are supposed to do?

Back