flooded with private calls

For the past two days I've been getting flooded private calls at night. These calls are back to back like 10 times in a roll. So I called sprint and the said my phone might be in a software loop so they had me do a factory reset that erases everything but the sd card. So later that night it happened again. I was flooded with private calls uncontrollably for about 10 times in a roll back to back. It was so bad that I couldn't really use my phone so I turned it off. It see lie a computer is calling me because how the calls are back to back and no one is talking on the other end. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you answer any of the calls to see who it was?

"No one replies on the other end"

I've had a few like that, it's usually a telemarketing auto-dialer that doesn't kick in once connected. I let one go for a few minutes, and it just disconnected on its own. It came to be a big enough hassle that I called my phone provider to see if they could block that number even though it said private on my display. They said they should be able to and will investigate it, and I didn't have a call after that, it's been roughly 8 months now since my last one.

"No one replies on the other end"

I've had a few like that, it's usually a telemarketing auto-dialer that doesn't kick in once connected. I let one go for a few minutes, and it just disconnected on its own. It came to be a big enough hassle that I called my phone provider to see if they could block that number even though it said private on my display. They said they should be able to and will investigate it, and I didn't have a call after that, it's been roughly 8 months now since my last one.
thanks for the reply. It's just very odd that even if I don't answer the call it just keeps calling. It seems artificial. I'll give sprint a call again and see if they can block the number.

thanks for the reply. It's just very odd that even if I don't answer the call it just keeps calling. It seems artificial. I'll give sprint a call again and see if they can block the number.

This happened to me before too- I would answer and nobody would be there. Every time it would ring, I would pick up and answer... and finally someone was actually there trying to sell me life insurance. I informed him that their system had been calling me a zillion times, etc- he was quite apologetic and said he would contact IT to see what was going on. It hasn't happened since.

Since you're with Sprint, you also have the option of using Google Voice to block the caller- i'm not 100% sure how it would world with a 'private' number, but it could be worth a shot.

For the past two days I've been getting flooded private calls at night. These calls are back to back like 10 times in a roll. So I called sprint and the said my phone might be in a software loop so they had me do a factory reset that erases everything but the sd card. So later that night it happened again. I was flooded with private calls uncontrollably for about 10 times in a roll back to back. It was so bad that I couldn't really use my phone so I turned it off. It see lie a computer is calling me because how the calls are back to back and no one is talking on the other end. Any help would be appreciated.

I dont have any help for your issue OP but the saying is "in a row". Not in a roll.

That's what happens when your carrier sells your # to companies looking to sell shit. Every contract phone I've had I've experienced this same problem. I've been pre paid the last 6 months and haven't got 1 call since

That's what happens when your carrier sells your # to companies looking to sell shit. Every contract phone I've had I've experienced this same problem. I've been pre paid the last 6 months and haven't got 1 call since

Anecdote vs Anecdote I realize, but I've had VZW for about 10 years now, and I've never gotten a cold call from a solicitor on my phone.

Whenever I get a call like that I just repeatedly press the star or pound key until the other end hangs up. Usually only takes a few seconds, this supposedly tells the other end that your number is a fax/data line and they will stop calling.

Maybe it doesn't work, but at least it gets them to hang up instead of me just pressing the end call button ::shrugs::

yikes

here is the simple solution

trapcall

private or unknowns.. get unmasked. It is not free but if it was your crazy ex or someother ahole. This will tell you ;)

If this is a smartphone (other than Blackberry) the YouMail visual voicemail app will let you set it up so any private/blocked number calls are automatically played a recording that says you don't accept calls from unknown numbers, so call back from another phone. The best thing about it is that your phone doesn't even ring. Potential downside is you have to use YouMail as your voicemail provider. I consider it a plus, since IMO it's better than Verizon's service and even Google Voice, but YMMV.

Whenever I get a call like that I just repeatedly press the star or pound key until the other end hangs up. Usually only takes a few seconds, this supposedly tells the other end that your number is a fax/data line and they will stop calling.

Maybe it doesn't work, but at least it gets them to hang up instead of me just pressing the end call button ::shrugs::

thx

If this is a smartphone (other than Blackberry) the YouMail visual voicemail app will let you set it up so any private/blocked number calls are automatically played a recording that says you don't accept calls from unknown numbers, so call back from another phone. The best thing about it is that your phone doesn't even ring. Potential downside is you have to use YouMail as your voicemail provider. I consider it a plus, since IMO it's better than Verizon's service and even Google Voice, but YMMV.

thx

IIRC Google voice has this feature as well, or atleast a way to do something similar (I know there is a way to send people straight to recording....maybe it was if they didnt ID themselves)

Back