Flood at the Newegg warehouse?

ilikecake

Gawd
I was planning on building a small(ish) computer for general use around the house. I have been pretty happy with the Antec P180 that I got, so I decided to go with the P180 Mini for the new system. Newegg happened to have the white version on sale for ~$50 AR, so it seemed like a good idea. However, when I got the box, it looked like this.

box1w.jpg

box2g.jpg

box3m.jpg

box4.jpg

box5r.jpg

box6g.jpg

The box was super nasty, but that didn't bother me too much until I saw this:

ruste.jpg

I guess it's RMA time. However, I dunno if UPS will take the box in the condition that it is in. Anyone have any suggestions?

Whoa, that's unique. Definitely RMA that beast. I wonder who approved that for shipping?

Maybe you can complain and get the shipping costs in credit or something... That's pretty bad, unless you're going for that old rust-ic look... (;

Last edited:
If you have any problems with customer service, try posting the pics over on Newegg's forums. A bit of egg on their face might be good for them. They certainly are no longer the same Newegg we've all come to love. Oh, those M&M's look tasty. :)

If I have a choice, I will always buy on Amazon.com over Newegg. They are unparalleled as an online retailer.

I am not too concerned about it. I have used Newegg for a bunch of stuff, and this is the first time that they have failed me, so I plan to give them the benefit of the doubt. I do hope that their entire pallet of P180s aren't water damaged like this one. They will only let me return for a replacement. :eek:

RMA submitted and approved. Now I get to figure out how the hell to ship this thing with a busted box. :confused:

RMA submitted and approved. Now I get to figure out how the hell to ship this thing with a busted box. :confused:

It's fine, just use some boxing tape to seal up the busted areas and add strength. In fact your local UPS store should be able to fix it up and use that box.

Along the lines of what PolygonGTC said ... with a little bit of duct tape, and some elbow grease ... you'll be set.

THAT IS JUST JACKED UP

I just ordered over a grand of junk from Newegg if a single thing comes looking even half that bad I am going to package it up and send that junk all back and ask for my money back and go somewhere else

That was one of the cases for black friday that was on a huge sale price, wonder if that is why :confused:

$25 to ship the case back. :mad:

That is more than half the cost of the case (~$45 after rebate). I will be contacting Newegg to see if they will send a prepaid label or something.

One would think that they would see the condition of the box at the warehouse and decide not to send it out... :rolleyes:

BTW: What is up with this live chat crap? I don't have time to sit at my desk and wait for these people to become available. Is email contact no longer possible?

One would think that they would see the condition of the box at the warehouse and decide not to send it out... :rolleyes:

Well they obviously did check it out, and someone decided to declare that the contents were ok, lol.

If it was me though, assuming it didn't come bundled with a power-supply, I'd probably just ignore the little bit of rust and use it anyway. Maybe instead of an RMA you can get them to send you a discount coupon off your next purchase or maybe even a partial refund of your existing purchase. You might be able to argue that with the rust, you should get at least the sort of discount they would apply to open-box items.

Or a leaky AC unit?

Only had a few RMA's, live chat was always indifferent to say the least. Only after calling them 2-3x and becoming belligerent do they give free shipping labels. In your case it's absolutely warranted. Tell them to take a look at this thread.

Maybe instead of an RMA you can get them to send you a discount coupon off your next purchase or maybe even a partial refund of your existing purchase.

I haven't had to deal with customer support at newegg much, but each time I have I've ended up with somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 - $25 discount codes on my next purchase. Live chat was always helpful and quick. I haven't dealt with live chat in well over a year though.

it could be possible that damaged was at the ups holding facility. i cant see newegg shipping an item like that when its clearly damaged.

it could be possible that damaged was at the ups holding facility. i cant see newegg shipping an item like that when its clearly damaged.

That sticker to me would seem to indicate that they did know that the box had received water damage, but gave it some sort of superficial inspection first.

I considered that it may have been UPS, but there is extensive mold on the box and case. If it had gotten wet in transit, there probably wouldn't have been enough time for the mold to form. The moldy box wasn't going to be a big deal for me, but I would like the case to be free of rust. Also, there is a possibility the fans in the case got wet, which would probably be bad for them.

BTW: What is up with this live chat crap? I don't have time to sit at my desk and wait for these people to become available. Is email contact no longer possible?

I didn't like Newegg live chat either because no one came. I was able to send an email and received a response 2 days later. Good luck getting help.

Wow. Interested to hear the resolution on this. If it is anything other than bending over backwards to ensure your satisfaction I am going to be very disappointed in Newegg. This product was in completely unacceptable condition.

Well, I found a spare 15 min and used the live chat thing. After telling them that the case arrived with obvious water damage and that returning it would cost a bunch. They sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label to send back the case. UPS already came by and picked it up (our work gets daily UPS pickups, so I just added it to the pile). I won't be completely convinced until I have the new case in hand, but they seem to be making the situation right. :)

Now we will see if I can still get the rebate...

That looks like UPS's fault and not Newegg's.

Glad to hear you got this resolved, OP.

I can't see the pics right now, but I've had Newegg send me a mobo that was obviously dropped before being shipped out. the corner of the mobo box was dented pretty bad (as well as mobo itself), but the shipping box was flawless.

boi i hope this doesnt happen to the 2 cases i just ordered. Id be pretty ticked off and that is really crap that you got it like that.

I just ordered a CM HAF 922 from the Black Friday Promo. My box looked opened and was about to burst open. Could be either UPS or a RMA from newegg.

Sucks because they aren't the same newegg I've purchased from 3 years ago..

Well even if my box looks opened, as long as everything is in there and the product is fine, I don't usually have a problem with it.

That is screwed up hardcore. Would not be acceptable even if it where free!

I didn't like Newegg live chat either because no one came. I was able to send an email and received a response 2 days later. Good luck getting help.

Either you had bad luck or I was very good lucky. I sent them an email on Wednesday night (before Thanksgiving) and had a response along with prepaid shipping by the time I woke up Thanksgiving morning.

That looks like UPS's fault and not Newegg's.

No, mold just does not form that fast. Unless UPS had it for like a week or more, that came from the warehouse. It likely would not have even had time to rust if it got wet during transit.

this makes me kind of nervous. i just ordered about one thousand dollars worth of components from newegg for a new build. so far, only my cpu has arrived and i have to admit it was pretty poorly packaged. just the retail box inside a larger cardboard box with no peanuts or anything. the retail box had a mangled corner. i didn't have time to look within the retail box to check the condition of the chip itself. just happened to catch the ups man as i was running out the door today. i'll be sure to check when i get home though!

sad to see newegg getting a little sloppy, however, i do understand that damaged items are often a case of the carrier just simply not caring enough about the customer.

Either you had bad luck or I was very good lucky. I sent them an email on Wednesday night (before Thanksgiving) and had a response along with prepaid shipping by the time I woke up Thanksgiving morning.

Sounds pretty good. I don't have anything against Newegg. They've always done right by me and I haven't problems with their products.

In general I never had problems with items being delivered. Certainly nothing like that case. :)

Back