Flight Simulator X - Poor?

I tried the demo of FSX and was not at all impressed.

I have a new system with DX10 8800GTX card and found the graphics to be really dated. Everything turned up full.
I always found this with MS Flight simulator in the past. I can just see the crap Visual Programming at work.
I remember the graphics of old flight sims like F-22 were way ahead of the MS sim at the time.

What are the best combat flight sims and are there any new ones in the pipeline?

Your expecting to much. You have the entire world to explore. In 'F-22' or other combat sims you have like less then 1%. I don't think the current hardware could handle high res detail of the entire world. I dont think people play flight sims for their realistic graphics anyways. Its for the experience. Imo I thought FSX had pretty good graphics for a flight sim. Much improved over the previous games in the series. There are still things that could have been improved.

The hype was due to DX10 content, may change your mind when the DX10 patch is released.

Lock on modern air combat and flaming cliffs expansion are the closest your going to get with nice graphics and a realistic combat flight sim. Avionics supposedly arnt 100% accurate, but there is still a fairly steep learning curve. Hands down amazing graphics for a flight sim though.

lockon with the flaming cliffs addon is the best looking and best sim their is yet, and in the near future their will be a helicopter addon of the ka50 attack helicopter, it is hard and people will always complain about this aircraft isnt modelled correctly, but thing is, its just a game so its the best we are gunna get unless we actually jump into a fighter aircraft.

as for msfs, their is a reason i dont play them, A because they are shite and B, cuz they are shite with shite looking graphics.

lockon with flaming cliffs FTW

The entire map wouldn't be loaded in at once. How about link it to Google earth for all those earthly texture maps?

Your expecting to much. You have the entire world to explore. In 'F-22' or other combat sims you have like less then 1%. I don't think the current hardware could handle high res detail of the entire world. I dont think people play flight sims for their realistic graphics anyways. Its for the experience. Imo I thought FSX had pretty good graphics for a flight sim. Much improved over the previous games in the series. There are still things that could have been improved.

The graphics aren't top notch but they are not exactly horrible either. Hopefully the DX10 patch doesn't turn into an expansion pack. ;)

What about those combat addons for FSX? Anyone try any of them, and how do the graphics look? I also tried FSX and wasn't all that impressed

IL 2 Sturmovik 1946 is a nice collection of games. Don't expect great graphics though since the franchise is several years old now.

Back