Flight Club Simulates Space Launches

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by AlphaAtlas, Oct 12, 2018.

1. AlphaAtlas

AlphaAtlas [H]ard|Gawd Staff Member

KSP may be a great space flight sim, but it's not exactly realistic. If you've ever wanted to simulate a specific launch, developer Declan Murphy created a cool site to do it. Flightclub.io lets you input detailed staging information, specify launch sites, program events at specific times, then watch the whole thing unfold. There's also a page to view live launches.

A video of a falcon heavy test flight can be seen here, and you can run that same simulation via a link to flightclub.io.

Watch the trajectory for SpaceX's first ever Falcon Heavy launch! This mission comprised of 2 reused boosters (previously flown on Thaicom-8 and CRS-9) and a brand new center stage. The side boosters were successfully recovered for a second time, while the center stage failed to land on the ASDS "Of Course I Still Love You". The mission launched Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster to an elliptic orbit reaching deep into the asteroid belt, driven by a Starman in a SpaceX space suit.

2. JStamsek

JStamsek Douche Canoe

You do not talk about Flight Club!

3. gigaxtreme1

gigaxtreme1 2[H]4U

And I thought Flight club was a strip joint in Detroit. What do you know.

LightsOut41 likes this.
  4. katanaD

katanaD [H]ard|Gawd

like i have stated before, the thing that really got to me about the falcon heavy launch wasnt so much the launch itself, which was AWESOME !!, but how it got no space nerds even interested, even if it was for a brief moment.

Hopefully we will be going back to the moon soon

5. TheOne&OnlyZeke

TheOne&OnlyZeke 100% Irish

Irish for sure

checks website....yup Dublin

6. Madoc

Madoc Gawd

They may have violated the first (and second) rule of Fight Club, but at least they didn't violate the first (and second) rule of thermodynamics!

7. velusip

velusip [H]ard|Gawd

With very few mods, KSP is pretty damn realistic too. ;) kOS, FAR, AJE, and RSS Overhaul to get you started.

8. BloodyIron

BloodyIron 2[H]4U

Why exactly is it called fight club? Why not flight club? I don't get it...

Tags: