Flickering spot on new HG191

asyork

2[H]4U
I finally decided I had to replace my old (1994) 17" Trinitron, and opted for a Hanns G HG191. Overall, I love it, but it's got this small spot that flickers green. It's not a pixel, as it isn't always the same size. It is also pressure sensitive, and will go away for a shot time if I lightly tap it or the area around it.

Does anyone know what is causing this, or if there is any way I can fix it? I ordered the monitor from Newegg, so I can RMA it if I have to, but I'd rather not have to dig out my old CRT again.

Thanks,
asyork

If it is not a single pixel, then try to count how many pixels it encompases. You will most likely have enough to procure a RMA. Sorry, looks like youll have to dig out the CRT for a little bit longer... But its not as bad as having to deal with dead pixels for years.

I guess I didn't explain it very well. The flickering is caused by it changing size rapidly. It looks like it even has rounded sides at times. I don't know a lot about how LCDs work, but this looks almost like the liquid doesn't want to cover that spot.

Well, I filled out the RMA request for the monitor. 2 lit pixels, 1 dead pixel, and the green spot that ranges from 1 to about 6 pixels in size.

Now Newegg wants me to pay more to ship it back to them than I did to have it shipped to me in the first place. To make it worse, the same monitor is now being offered with free shipping. I don't understand why I have to pay return shipping to get a replacement when they shipped me a defective product to begin with :mad:. I'm going to be reluctant to buy anything from Newegg again. I once ordered too many of an item from Amazon, and they paid return shipping as soon as I told them what happened.

Back