Flickering on BenQ XL2420z and XL2430t

gamadaya

n00b
I need your guys' help with determining if I should continue my BenQ customer service nightmare by returning my XL2430t or if I should just accept that I'm not going to get anything better. For anyone who has either of these displays, can you put them in 60hz mode and see if you can see significant amounts of flickering in dark shades? The blue on the sides of this site is a good example of when it happens. Another is my desktop wallpaper You might be able to make out a lot of flicker in the bottom right on the grass. I can see it even leaning back in my chair without glasses on. It also fails lagom's inversion test worse than any other monitor I've seen. The thing is, my first XL2420z didn't seem to have this issue, or if it did, I somehow didn't notice it. The 2 monitors that they have sent me since both have the issue, and they are both refurbs. Note that you have to have gamma calibrated correctly around 2.2 to notice the issue. On the BenQ default "BTFO™" gamma settings, it is not at all apparent, which makes me think they don't even realize this is an issue.

Back