FLECOM's FS thread... help me clean house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
replied, added the raptors, memory and external hd

I'm very tempted by the Raptor but too bad I don't have money right now :(

all PM's replied to... make me offers guys!!! :D

Flecom do u ship international ? :D

not to nigeria ;)

you would have to pay actuall shipping costs, so not sure how good of a deal that would make it... if your interested send me a PM

I really really really want to buy one of the raptors, heh.. I am going to be thinking about it for a few days for sure ;) Is there really a noticeable difference in using the raptor as a boot drive as opposed to a 7200RPM drive?

I really really really want to buy one of the raptors, heh.. I am going to be thinking about it for a few days for sure ;) Is there really a noticeable difference in using the raptor as a boot drive as opposed to a 7200RPM drive?
If you're using an older drive... yes.
If you put two raptors in RAID 0 (With a good backup in case a drive fails)... very yes. :D

If you're using an older drive... yes.
If you put two raptors in RAID 0 (With a good backup in case a drive fails)... very yes. :D

I'm using two Seagate 7200.11 500GB drives.. they're pretty fast, I don't know if they're new heh. (And I ordered a new one about 30 hours ago on NewEgg and it's already on the truck for delivery! I guess that tax on NY orders isn't so bad when it means having a warehouse with more products closer to home).

Again, if my court hearing coming up goes well.. I'll even think about buying two of them to put into RAID 0.. I'm crossing my fingers for my lawyers to do their jobs ;)

Again, if my court hearing coming up goes well..

holy crap lol, hope that goes well for you for your own sake

honestly how much you feel the "speed" depends on what your doing... 99% of the time im browsing the internet so i dont think they make much of a difference to me... but for gaming and stuff they should be nice, especially in a RAID0 as rmdashrrootsplat suggested... and i would definately suggest you make backups as rmdashrrootsplat also suggested, or at least not store anything you cant reinstall/replace... but im just paranoid like that :eek:

I also want to add that before I ship the drives i run a SMART short test (2 min test), a Western Digital long test (about 45 mins) and write 0's to all sectors (about an hour) to make sure that they are 100% ok before they go out...

i actually caught one bad one like that, that im going to get replaced... drive works fine but fails the short test for some reason?... id rather be safe than sorry!!

I just want to say, that I would like to have personal relations with your eSATA array. I can't afford to commit to a serious relationship now, but I would like to buy it a drink and maybe dinner.

holy crap lol, hope that goes well for you for your own sake

honestly how much you feel the "speed" depends on what your doing... 99% of the time im browsing the internet so i dont think they make much of a difference to me... but for gaming and stuff they should be nice, especially in a RAID0 as rmdashrrootsplat suggested... and i would definately suggest you make backups as rmdashrrootsplat also suggested, or at least not store anything you cant reinstall/replace... but im just paranoid like that :eek:

Heh thanks.. Luckily I'm not the one being sued ;) So I have nothing to lose.. Right now my lawyers are trying to fight to get me more money per week since Workers Comp is only paying me less than half of what I was originally making.. So if the judge decides in my favor (Which she has at every single court hearing I've had for the last two and a half years :) :)) I'll be getting twice as much money a week and will DEFINITELY buy two drives from you.

Oh, plus if the judge decides in my favor, it means that they'll have to go back about and pay me that extra money per week for the past 90+ weeks :D:D

Oh, plus if the judge decides in my favor, it means that they'll have to go back about and pay me that extra money per week for the past 90+ weeks :D:D

nice! gotta love back-pay!

Depending on how big the lump sum is... GTX280's may be in her future. :D

I'm debating if I wanna grab some Raptors myself... How are you accepting payment FLECOM? Paypal?

I'm debating if I wanna grab some Raptors myself... How are you accepting payment FLECOM? Paypal?

Oh I'll definitely buy myself two GTX280s if I get a nice lump sum.. Actually, I didn't receive one penny for over a year and a half until just two months ago which really sucked.. But one and a half years of pay all in one check is pretty nice ;) And that's how I was able to build the system I'm using now, and finally upgraded from my old Dell.

So yeah, those Raptors and the GTX280s are on my list ;) And of course save the rest :( I hate saving money.

i would almost consider a 280 if it didnt cost so much and use so much power! im thinking of selling my dual 8800GTX's and going to a single 9600GT... ~200watts idle vs ~30 watts idle!

and ya, paypal or USPS money orders i guess could work also... but paypal is easy :)

Anyone know if those mobo's have the proper connections for Front USB/Lights, and such.

I also have a card reader I would need to hook up. Think this has what I need?

Anyone know if those mobo's have the proper connections for Front USB/Lights, and such.

I also have a card reader I would need to hook up. Think this has what I need?

dunno about the card reader? is it just usb?? it has the regular LED/button headers and 2 front usb headers for a total of 4 possible front usb ports and 6 regular USB ports on the rear IO shield and IIRC it has a front audio header also

Really wish i could afford one of those switches.
Gonna need it for my house.

But i did see where you said the procurve was causing a problem with the PXE boot

different procurves... these work fine... the 2xxx series seem to work fine the 4xxx series ive been having problems with the stp on the switches... i can test them if you like, im using the 24 port version on my main farm right now

pm me if you want to make an offer on one

raptors are gone, added velociraptors

Son of a B! I'm so tempted to snag a Veloci for my OS drive.

FLECOM I officially hate you :(

BRB thinking

Are the specs the same as on the regular velociraptors? It's a very tempting deal for my server OS drive.

specs as in what? i can run tests on them if you guys want... hdtach? dunno what else

Any way you could measure the thickness of the VelociRaptor? Is it still 12.5mm tall, or back down to a single-platter 9.5? If it's 9.5, I just might have to snag one in a few weeks. :) (Yes, I'm thinking of toying around with a laptop- just need to pay attention to voltages.)

Any way you could measure the thickness of the VelociRaptor? Is it still 12.5mm tall, or back down to a single-platter 9.5? If it's 9.5, I just might have to snag one in a few weeks. :) (Yes, I'm thinking of toying around with a laptop- just need to pay attention to voltages.)

it needs +12vdc which a laptop SATA connector probably will not have

im fairly certain its still 12.5mm also

Please stop bumping, it's already in the top. This is considered spamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back