Flatout UC demo..

joemama

[H]F Junkie
Is it just me or is this the same game as Flatout 2 with a "deathmatch race" mode thrown in? I swear I've driven those same tracks before..:confused:

Just played the demo myself on the xbox 360. I also love the PC version, and I was prepaired for it to be similar, but after playing the demo on the console I'm now questioning the planned purchase as I'm favoring the PC version after playing both. Need to wait to see how the online pans out as that's where the fun is at for me.
The cut scenes within the demo did look like they added new levels. However, the demo used the same maps with little changes (ie water added to the aquaducts, looked like they modified a shortcut, and added the runes for derby).

yeah I got the same feeling I thought I was playing on my pc the only difference were controls were a little loose

I'm sure it will be the same, just a graphics update and a few new gameplay modes

Just played it. The controls felt mushy, nowhere near as good as FO or FO2 on pc with a cheap logitech gamepad.
Was fun though, and the graphics were decent, looks like they tweaked it a little since FO2. Might be a decent buy if it doesn't come out the door at the normal $59 launch price. $39 would be an acceptable price to me.

The most maddening thing to me (360 demo) was the lack of nitro for the player car when the AI seemed to have unlimted amounts. Made it impossible for me to win the 2 race modes they put in whereas I blew through Flatout 1/2 without much difficulty. Seems like they assumed 360 owners would never have played Flatout 2 on the pc or they would have introduced new tracks/cars for the demo..:confused:

what about the pc version??

There's going to be a PC version of Ultimate Carnage? Seems like a waste. They had an original XBOX version of Flatout 2 after the 360 already came out. That was also a waste. They should have released FO 2 for the 360 back then and all of this nonsense about UC coming out would have been avoided. There's no reason to release this for the PC though since there are already mods for FO 2 that blow away anything they've done in UC.

Back