Flatout $5 on Steam

its so cheap because they dont have to package it and include a booklet or instructions.

Maybe the car control was a little "off" but everything else shined IMO.
The premis seemed great, but I felt a lot of the fun from the first was the handling. From what I gather from some forum posts by the developers, they were a bit pressured to make the handling more 'gamepad friendly', and the changes really ruined it for me. Ironically, I find many 'driving' games lack good feeling when played with a wheel, being designed for couch driving via buttons.

I've always used the arrow keys for my driving so I can't really relate to the wheel/game pad feeling. That would explain why the controls in 2 were strange at first. It took a while for me to get used to them. I think my expectations weren't all that high so that's probably why I like it so much. There was that feeling of more of the same but they did it so well I could overlook that. I thought the audio was astounding compared to the original and that was, IMO, the biggest improvement they made.

Both awesome games.. well worth the $...

Really hard at some points, I don't use a gamepad... kb only.

the games is great, I can't see how you wouldn't like it... steering was awesome once you learned how to burn a corner full speed knocking your opponent into the wall.

The replays are pretty awesome if you like to make your opponents crash into things...

lux since you have both can you confirm if it's true that FO2 has SF, or even if 1 does for that matter.

The US version doesn't have Starforce, it has secure-rom.

The UK or another country has Starforce.

Also, any game that has Starforce, when it is put on Steam, no longer has Starforce. :D

The US version doesn't have Starforce, it has secure-rom.

The UK or another country has Starforce.

Also, any game that has Starforce, when it is put on Steam, no longer has Starforce. :D

This is what I have read online, as well.

Both of mine are SF-free.

:) Thanks for pointing this game out, needless to say I went ahead and dropped $5 on it for shit an' giggles. Well worth it! :D I played the demo a few months ago, and completely forgot about it until now.

I just pulled the trigger and bought it. Still waiting to download it, but does the game support widescreen displays?

Back