Flat Panel Forcast

DruSi3r

Gawd
Guys I just got some insider information (seriously) that Sharp has purchased a hugh surplus of the machines needs to make any flat panel display. An unheard of amout. Around May of 2005 you WILL see prices hit a floor as surplus hits the market. Your thoughts.

does this include plasma tv's?

as for your insider info...ill belive it when it happens, just like everyone else. (hope its true though) :D

yes, however i was told that lcd will soon displace plasma even at large sizes. 6' and above will still carry a stiff premium.

Just wait for OLEDs and when they can be printed. Then you'll really see the price drop to the floor.

GENET1CS said:
does this include plasma tv's?

as for your insider info...ill belive it when it happens, just like everyone else. (hope its true though) :D
I hear ya and agree. Keep in mind though that this type of event has happened with all consumer electronics readily available today. Expensive at first until some electronics giant ramps up production. Throw some competition into the mix and the cycle is completed....cheap tv's, media players etc etc etc.

Can't wait for cheap lcd's :)

Back