Flat-Earther Successfully Blasts Off in Homemade Rocket

I admit this is hilarious in a moronic kind of way but considering how many science type after-school events I've seen on the news relating to kids launching rockets in contests it only makes sense. We're living in the age where someone might put together the needed junk to get even a low orbit launch achieved. Don't know about the landing, but getting up there, sure.

If he has the techinal ability and resources to build something like that, he should just buy a mirror and strong laser.

Take him to a salt flat and let him figure out why he can't bounce the laser off the mirror from 5 miles away.

I've offered to show flat earth retards this with seriously high powered pro stuff and they don't want to take the opportunity. They are basically contrarians roped in by a stupid CIA psyop.
Now if someone said the earth is partially hollow with good reasoning, I would give it time of day as that is a lot more plausible, considering more than a few solar bodies are also and it's also not easily debunked by flying a fucking plane or doing a simple experiment with a laser..

The flat earther conspiracy theory has to the the stupidest conspiracy theory too. I mean at least most conspiracy theories have an objective that is somewhat understandable to likely. "Bush did 9/11 to justify war with Iraq!" Ok stupid theory, easy to disprove but the reason is something that could actually be possible. The idea of a false flag/provocation is not an unknown one. But the flat earth shit... they have no cogent reason why all these disparate groups, astronomers, pilots, ship navigators, map makers, governments, etc, etc all would want to conspire to lie about the earth's shape. They can't give a reason or benefit to this massive conspiracy existing.

So not only is it something easy to disprove yourself through testing, but even if it wasn't there is just no reason for a conspiracy at all.

Can't do that anymore. Thanks, Obama

Hate to break it to you, but Bush was the one that canceled the program. https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/02/02/why-did-nasa-end-the-space-shuttle-program/

The last flight did come under Obama.

Seriously though, the shuttle was way too expensive for what it was doing and never met its original goals (affordable and quickly reusable). Put that money into startups like (then) SpaceX and invest in satellites, rovers, and capsules/landers which can be launched by the 3rd parties.

Launching is the easy part. Landing...and surviving...is where skills come in. Skills from engineers who do not think the earth is flat would probably be the better type of skills.
It depends on what your definition of landing is. It's easy to crash land, so that just leaves surviving.

Well, he thinks the earth is like a Frisbee so, he's already admitted that it has a curvature so any height he reaches is not going to mean a hill of beans unless he can actually attain orbit.

I can see those guys laughing at you all as they are trolling you hard! :D
I have at times bought into the idea that flat Earthers are all just trolls. But why would they have their own conventions? I mean it's pretty dedicated trollness right there.

I would agree that some of them are trolls, I do think some actually believe it.

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. There's a number of "mountains" (hills) around here that are between 1500 and 2500' in altitude, hell when I was in Maui I went up one of the extinct volcanos which was like 10,000 feet altitude, and I was higher than the clouds (Earth still looked flat though :D)

BUT mountains and hills could be "fake". He couldn't build a mountain so he had to settle for a rocket.

He could just launch a Go Pro on his own rocket, much higher, and review the footage himself

Unless he is crazy enough to think the footage would get doctored on the fly

Even students can and have launched high altitude balloons with a camera on them. He can claim the camera is rigged.

A lot of this, imho, stems from the idea that the space program in the 50's, 60's, & 70's was a scam to fleece the taxpayer. Not simply with over-charges but the whole thing was made up. Hence we never went to the moon devolves into the moon can't be reached or isn't real and finally we're not on an orb ourselves. When you saw stories on space flight in those periods, it heavily centered around getting in and out of orbit since the earth and the moons are spheres. These ideas contradict fundamentals of those space programs directly. And 5 decades later I'm sure the alleged motivation has gotten increasingly interesting.

But guys Mars has been proven to be round.....so the earth is clearly flat because we have photos of Mars being Round but the ones of earth are faked!! /s :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Why are these guys multiplying? Its almost like Scientology at this point.

If he has the techinal ability and resources to build something like that, he should just buy a mirror and strong laser.

Take him to a salt flat and let him figure out why he can't bounce the laser off the mirror from 5 miles away.

That wouldn't have satisfied nature's way of culling him from the herd.

But he'll just blame that on some pinko-commie-liberul conspiracy that's gonna take away his right to own rockets and guns and stop him from shooting up a school.

There's a bunch of these...like I said, they make flat earthers look normal. I think, as well, that the moon projection thing is related to the flat earth deal. Do I care to decipher it? Fuck no.

I do not care what he thinks about the shape of the earth. That said, how many people here would be willing to ride a rocket at 350 mph at just 1800 or so feet above the ground? Not many, I would guess and certainly not me.

This - The dude built a freakin' rocket and rode it, and landed, without killing himself. Say what you will about his "flat-earth" ideas, if he had just done this for the thrill, we'd be giving him major props.

America man! Im pretty sure you only find this shit here. A dude builds a massive rocket on his property and we all just sit back and watch with our stars and stripes gear on with Budweiser and popcorn.

America man! Im pretty sure you only find this shit here. A dude builds a massive rocket on his property and we all just sit back and watch with our stars and stripes gear on with Budweiser and popcorn.
'MURIKKKA!

The guy is still a fuckin' :tard:

Reactions: Dan
like this
I wonder if anyone ever asked him why the sun rises in the east and sets in the west? If the Earth was shaped like a frisbee, it wouldn't do that, we would be in constant sunlight.

Flat Earthers have no concept of reality or physics. It amazes me.

Duh, the sun tucks itself into its bed, that's where clouds come from, stuffing getting knocked out from its mattress.

1,800 feet? He could have just climbed up one the the hills! This is stupid. You can drive to Pike's Peak and thats 14,000'.

This guy is just some stupid attention whore. I'm dissapointed he didn't blow himself up.
This guy is a nutjob... however.... 1800 feet off the surface of the planet from launch point is VERY different than 14000 ft above sea level.

Duh, the sun tucks itself into its bed, that's where clouds come from, stuffing getting knocked out from its mattress.
tumblr_nbd3yqpa5f1rpduwho1_500.gif

and you were expecting something smart from someone who thinks the world is flat and that all NASA employees since day one have all been lying to the Public?

regarding the launch video, someone needs to tell him he needs to get a lot higher than he did, to be able to see the earth's curvature.

The problem? Flat earther's have no concept regarding what scale means

Back