Flash Voyager GT Turbo 3.0 - Corsair - anyone have any experience with these?

Destruya

Limp Gawd
I'm eying the 128GB version of this because my two current 32GB thumbdrives are filling up, and I like to try and double/quadruple capacity when I upgrade my thumbdrives.

What worries me about this thing is just how fast it *claims* to be - 260/235 read/write suggests to me it's really just a USB SSD in a smaller form factor, and the speeds make me worry they put a SF-1xxx controller in there. There isn't a single formal review of one that I can find on Google of any capacity, and I'd *really* like to know what the innards of this thing are and who makes them before I drop 150 bucks.

This is what I'm talking about: http://www.corsair.com/us/usb-drive...r-gt-turbo-usb-3-0-128gb-usb-flash-drive.html

It supposedly came out in January of this year, but other than buying it directly from Corsair, most everyplace else has it out of stock, which also makes me worry. And yes, I do have an inquiry into Corsair Customer Service, but another red flag went up because the damned thing's model number physically cannot be found in their part # database when filling out a service request form.

So, like it says in the topic - anyone seen/played around with these?

Last edited:
Redbeard can maybe shed some light on this, have you tried sending him a PM? If you do get word back, please update the thread!

I just gotta ask, do you have a USB3 port and if so why buy a drive that will be 1/2 price in a year?

I have 5 Corsair drives but I have yet to find a purpose for a USB3 thumb drive.

Do you need to be the first guy on the block? :)

I just gotta ask, do you have a USB3 port and if so why buy a drive that will be 1/2 price in a year?

I have 5 Corsair drives but I have yet to find a purpose for a USB3 thumb drive.

Depending what and how the guy is moving the data, I could see the use! But maybe not the 128GB one :p Recently purchased a 32GB USB2 drive for like £12, to be used on the USB2 ports on my NUC. How times have changed!

Not all of us have broadband and moving 20gb games or backups while keeping some data on the drive adds up fast. I snagged a 64GB USB3 CORSAIR and it's FAST and makes me :D

Given that I've yet to see my current USB 3.0 Survivor hit past 40MB/sec on my front USB 3 ports (probably the port's power, not the drive), I'd be inclined to agree. The only reason I'm looking at this is the speed, capacity, and honestly just curiosity.

Given that I've yet to see my current USB 3.0 Survivor hit past 40MB/sec on my front USB 3 ports (probably the port's power, not the drive), I'd be inclined to agree. The only reason I'm looking at this is the speed, capacity, and honestly just curiosity.

Mine climbs past 40, but not by a huge margin.

It's still a lot faster than my other USB 2.0 drives that's for sure.

I got the Survivor so I wouldn't DESTROY it, and the data though and I`m really happy with it for that :)

If you get the GT Turbo post up :cool:

I can't find Flash Voyager GT Turbo anywhere. It seems that it is out of stock at least for a couple of months.

The only reason I'm looking at this is the speed, capacity, and honestly just curiosity.
I'm thinking you already know the answer.

The capacity is no biggie but USB devices need the sun, moon, and the promise of your first born to attain advertised speeds. :)

Good luck!

I'm thinking you already know the answer.

The capacity is no biggie but USB devices need the sun, moon, and the promise of your first born to attain advertised speeds. :)

Good luck!

Well, after updating my controller's firmware and drivers, I now actually do get my 3.0 Survivor's 'advertised' speeds. I might just eschew my curiosity and just get a 64GB Survivor 3.0 or wait for an inevitable 128GB version of it, swapping less important data to my 32GB 2.0 drive.

And yeah - right now the only place to buy the 128GB version is from Corsair themselves.

Well, after updating my controller's firmware and drivers, I now actually do get my 3.0 Survivor's 'advertised' speeds. I might just eschew my curiosity and just get a 64GB Survivor 3.0 or wait for an inevitable 128GB version of it, swapping less important data to my 32GB 2.0 drive.

And yeah - right now the only place to buy the 128GB version is from Corsair themselves.

That's really good to know, I`m going to have to try the same :D

Well, after updating my controller's firmware and drivers, I now actually do get my 3.0 Survivor's 'advertised' speeds.
Cool!

It still says outta stock for me but I probably need to clean my cache. :)

Back