Flash video broken in Chrome and Firefox, works in IE

Decibel

2[H]4U
Within the last couple of weeks I've started having an issue with Chrome and Firefox playing the videos Steve links to on the front page. Was there an update recently that broke compatibility?

I almost immediately get the Flash has crashed message when trying to run a youtube clip like the creepy professor robot on the [H] front page. Flash games work. IE works.

Things I've tried - uninstalling and reinstalling both browsers, Flash, and I updated my NVIDIA drivers on the off chance the issue was hardware acceleration related. I also uninstalled the Sharky codec pack and x64 components on the off chance the issue was a broken codec, this gets me back to the built in Win7 codecs. I've used CCCleaner, making sure to include the Flash and Java caches.

I'm running Win7 64 bit SP1 w/ MSE for security.

Any ideas? I'm a bit flummoxed and don't feel like taking the time to reinstall and restore from my back ups...

Thoughts, ideas?

Turned out to be a hardware acceleration issue w/ 10.2. Instead of all of that uninstalling and reinstalling, I should have just right clicked and disabled hardware acceleration.

Thought I'd answer the question in case anyone else ran into the issue.

Edit: Cue someone posting "Well, I could have told you that..."
<how long="" until="" someone="" posts,="" i="" could="" have="" told="" you="" that?=""></how>

Back