Flash the bios on a 1070 TI Founders edition to enable fan stop?

gsilver

Gawd
I have an Nvidia 1070 TI Founders edition graphics card on which I have replaced the stock cooler with an Arctic Accelero for quieter operation. However, the bios on the card will make the fans run at a minimum of 27%, which isn't loud by any means, but I'd like to push down the idle noise further.

On a different computer, I have a 1070 Founders Edition where I successfully flashed a different bios to do exactly this, and it has worked without issue, but the 1070 TI is a different card with possibly different compatibilities, so I'm not sure which one to use and if there's one that's safe.

I don't want to overclock it or anything (and would prefer a bios that doesn't use higher stock clocks or voltages), just get the fans to stop at idle for a quieter working environment.

Suggestions?

I dont think there is any way to do what you want, this series bios is locked up pretty tight. you could get an adapter and run the fans off the mobo. that's what I do.

I have an Nvidia 1070 TI Founders edition graphics card on which I have replaced the stock cooler with an Arctic Accelero for quieter operation. However, the bios on the card will make the fans run at a minimum of 27%, which isn't loud by any means, but I'd like to push down the idle noise further.

On a different computer, I have a 1070 Founders Edition where I successfully flashed a different bios to do exactly this, and it has worked without issue, but the 1070 TI is a different card with possibly different compatibilities, so I'm not sure which one to use and if there's one that's safe.

I don't want to overclock it or anything (and would prefer a bios that doesn't use higher stock clocks or voltages), just get the fans to stop at idle for a quieter working environment.

Suggestions?

can't you just edit the fan profile with afterburner (just an example) to go 0% at certain temp range?. i've done that with old GPUs before the boom of all GPUS using that feature. I remember being able to do that with an old EVGA GTX 780 but it wasn't reference model.

can't you just edit the fan profile with afterburner (just an example) to go 0% at certain temp range?. i've done that with old GPUs before the boom of all GPUS using that feature. I remember being able to do that with an old EVGA GTX 780 but it wasn't reference model.
the bios has a hard minimum of ~30%, nothing can change it and you cant mod the bios because of how nv signs them.

the bios has a hard minimum of ~30%, nothing can change it and you cant mod the bios because of how nv signs them.
Right. The solution for my regular 1070 was to run some console commands that let me flash the bios of a different vendor, rather than mod the Nvidia one.

yup I got that. you can try and flash another brands bios if you want but I think they are all locked. at least that's what im finding on the google...
worst case Ontario is to put in another card and flash back to your original bios.

Back