Flash problem with Safari and Firefox?

djnes

Fully [H]
I have a friend who's using a PowerPC Mac (non-Intel) and she's having trouble with Flash. Anytime she visits a site requiring flash, it prompts her to install it. Despite the fact it is already installed, and had been working previously. She's tried removing it and re-installing version 9, with no luck. She's also tried the manual install, and made sure she was selecting the PowerPC version. She's tried rolling back to version 8, also with the same results.

She's running OSX 10.4.9, with all latest updates.

Hmm.

Have never seen this issue happen...

when she goes to Adobe's website to install the flash kit, does it come up with the flash anim that the install was ok?

Aside from that I'd suggest checking / repairing permissions on the drive, and see if that helps any.

it can be a number of things, lately it seems there have been a number of problems with Flash and OS X. I've written a little shell script that fixes the problems 9 out of 10 times. You can download it here You have to run that from a command line (if you need more detailed instructions let me know), it will ask for a password, that's the password she logs in with. You can also open that in a text editor to see exactly what it's doing (if you don't trust me :D), it's a very simple script. Once that is run, re-download the correct installer from Adobe and re-install it.

Okay, assume I know nothing about OSX.

I opened the terminal, went to the Desktop (where I have the flash.sh file) and tried to run it from the command line.

I got this returned. tcsh: flash.sh Command not found.

Okay, assume I know nothing about OSX.

I opened the terminal, went to the Desktop (where I have the flash.sh file) and tried to run it from the command line.

I got this returned. tcsh: flash.sh Command not found.

Did you do ./flash.sh or sh flash.sh ?

Just flash.sh. Is this a good time to mention I'm 99% Windows and 1% Linux? ;)

I'll give those a shot.

I am going to try this as well.

I Love my Mac for everything. But I hate using Flash on it. From Myspace, to YouTube... I would rather use a Windows 98 Box....

Yeah.. for some reason flash just doesn't like running on osx. Flash websites work MUCH better on windows.

Back