Flash kills my pc.

munkle

[H]F Junkie
I don't know what it is but flash just kills my pc (x4 955, 4gb ram, 6850). I have even tried a fresh install of my OS and flash still just kills it. Sometimes firefox will become painfully slow on flash sites. If I bring up a flash site while I am playing a game the game gets real choppy. The thing is I don't notice this at all on my two laptops (both older c2d laptops), and I don't know why the problem would persist through a reformat of the os?

Are flash and your 6850 drivers updated?

Yes, I'm wondering if it's the ati drivers, they have been kind of sucky lately also before I had the 6850 I had a 4850 which flash would still slow down on but not as bad.

disable flash HW acceleration. Right click on any flash object, and change that setting. You CPU is way overqualified for even pushing 1080p flash videos.

Are there any older or newer drivers you could try for your card?

Do you have any nVidia cards you can test with?

What GPUs do your laptops have?

disable flash HW acceleration. Right click on any flash object, and change that setting. You CPU is way overqualified for even pushing 1080p flash videos.

I had no idea that could actually speed up flash performance.

Are there any older or newer drivers you could try for your card?

Do you have any nVidia cards you can test with?

What GPUs do your laptops have?

I had no idea that could actually speed up flash performance.

ZOMG, it worked! Thanks!

Edit: well works better now, games aren't as laggy with flash going.

ZOMG, it worked! Thanks!

Edit: well works better now, games aren't as laggy with flash going.

I think you meant to thank jeremyshaw. ;)

EDIT. I still don't understand how GPU acceleration can actually slow something down when the GPU is so fast. Is it a driver issue?

I think you meant to thank jeremyshaw. ;)

EDIT. I still don't understand how GPU acceleration can actually slow something down when the GPU is so fast. Is it a driver issue?

Maybe it doesn't get prioritized right so instead of processing the game it does flash instead. I know folding on my gpu sometimes does this, this is probably why. I don't know if there is away to set gpu processes to a lower priority?

The ATI GPU acceleration of Flash may just be screwed up.

You could also try a 10.0.x variant of flash. GPU acceleration didn't start until 10.1.x

Back