Fixing Monitor Bleed?

cthulhuiscool

2[H]4U
I picked up a new Qnix 27" and it has a small, but noticeable, amount of bleed on the bottom. I have read that it can be fixed by popping open the panel and both straightening the metal frame out, and placing some electric tape somewhere. Though I can imagine how this is done, anyone have some more exact tips or guides how to do this? It's a real shame, the monitor has a great picture aside from the bleed.

To visualize it, it is cause by pinching or uneven force applied to the panel itself, either by the bezel/case screws or the panel frame itself bending from uneven force. The panel is layers of materials that need to be sandwiched properly and uneven force or pressure from screws in one area will let the light slip through. Imagine a bunch of pieces of fabric layered and and in one area they are not flat or there is a bulge. . The light seeps through that area.

First start from the outside. If there are screws in that area, try loosening it a little. If there are screws on either side of the bleed, try loosening those a little, or if there are three along the bottom in that area try loosening all three and tightening them equally. If all that fails, some people have reduced bleed by simply shimming between the bezel and panel- slipping some small pieces of folded paper in between until it evens out and called it good.
If all that fails it might be the frame or internal layers not seating properly. Keep in mind while messing with it you could make it worse, but with enough patience you should be able to get rid of it nearly 100%.
There are videos out there of how to totally dismantle those monitors.

That visual you get actually helped a lot. I opened it up and evened the pressure of the frame a bit and it's not noticably better! Thanks a ton.

Back