FITES 200 August 23rd-25th

jadams

2[H]4U
Hey guys. My buddies over at FITES in Central PA is putting on a much requested Summer LAN. Typically they only do an annual event in Feb. However over the past couple of years they have gotten requests to hold a 2nd event in the summer. This year its happening.

This LAN is sponsored by Intel LANFest. Typically there are some good prizes from these guys.

https://lanfest.intel.com/events/fites-2013/main

This will be my 4th event with these guys. Always a great time.

Below is some info for our event, see the main site (http://www.fites.net) for updates and tournament listings as they come available.

LANFest FITES 2013
----------------------
Start: August 23th, 2013 6pm
End: August 25th, 2013 10am

40 hours of gaming goodness!

Location of Venue:
Park Inn
5401 CARLISLE PIKE
MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050
Tel: 1-717-697-0321

Payment Details:
Cost PER SEAT: $45
*Each paid seat is limited to one gaming device(PC, Xbox, PS3) and monitor. Multiple monitors require multiple seats. No exceptions. This is for both space and electricity reasons.

Pre-Pay now to guarantee yourself a seat! We sold out earlier this year and had to turn people away.

Other Details:
* We are unable to offer refunds unless the event is canceled, however your seat is transferable.
* Seating will be reserved via Intel LANFest online registration system (if you want to sit with friends, register and pay quickly to secure a group of seats close to one another!)
* Age Limit: 13+

Last edited:
I'm really not sure. If you kept track of their events you know they've always had a pretty good pipe. Aparently they lost their contact with Comcast and i dont think they are able to get the connection that they normally had.

They did however this year implement internet caching of downloads for this event. That should eleviate alot of the bandwidth.

Fites will have plenty of bandwidth for the summer event. We normally start planning for the next event at a meeting right after our LAN. We have made several improvements to our infrastructure.

Below is some info for our event, see the main site (http://www.fites.net) for updates and tournament listings as they come available.

LANFest FITES 2013
----------------------
Start: August 23th, 2013 6pm
End: August 25th, 2013 10am

40 hours of gaming goodness!

Location of Venue:
Park Inn
5401 CARLISLE PIKE
MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050
Tel: 1-717-697-0321

Payment Details:
Cost PER SEAT: $45
*Each paid seat is limited to one gaming device(PC, Xbox, PS3) and monitor. Multiple monitors require multiple seats. No exceptions. This is for both space and electricity reasons.

Pre-Pay now to guarantee yourself a seat! We sold out earlier this year and had to turn people away.

Other Details:
* We are unable to offer refunds unless the event is canceled, however your seat is transferable.
* Seating will be reserved via Intel LANFest online registration system (if you want to sit with friends, register and pay quickly to secure a group of seats close to one another!)
* Age Limit: 13+

Welp just found out I have to work that weekend. Anyone want my spot to go?

Back