Fisherman 1 - Drone 0

not metal sorry, typing at work and have batteries in front of me lol multitasking fail

Well said. I am waiting for the first time someone takes out a drone for spite and the damage and collateral damage from the drone falling and possibly starting a fire causes a person to lose their house. We need that kind of example to get people to realize that destroying these for fun is not a sport.
One of those Michael Bay drones.

FAA rules prohibit drone use around people. If the drone pilot wasn't hovering his drone around the fishermen, they would have never been able to hit it. Asshole drone pilot deserved to have his drone attacked. Maybe now he'll be considerate.

It was over the water looked like some 300 feet in the air. You consider that near people?

Keep in mind, if this was a decent sized drone, they can be damn noisy, which can go a long way towards ruining someone else's time.

Absolutely. Most of those guys are out there trying to wind down. It's their forget about the world time. Disturbing that zen is kinda douchy as well.

Wonder how they would have reacted if the drone operator had asked the fishermen if they would mind giving him 30 minutes or so of film time. How long was his batteries going to last him anyway?

Just saying.

It was over the water looked like some 300 feet in the air. You consider that near people?

That's what the lens makes it look like. You think that guy made a 300' semi-verticle cast?

Scoring a hit on a drone at football field distance. Impressive ;)

That's what the lens makes it look like. You think that guy made a 300' semi-verticle cast?

Scoring a hit on a drone at football field distance. Impressive ;)

The whole thing ended as a inconvenience to the drone op and ended the fisherman's day unless he had more line to re spool to his rod he lost the lure and any line past where it broke. ..

I'm just saying he just lost a 16-30 dollar lure and 12-30 bucks in line to throw it at a 2500$ toy just because it was annoying had he pulled it out of the sky he would probably be paying for anything he damaged I don't care if the FAA says this or that he did the equivalent of throwing a rock at a car because the exhaust was annoying...

I'm just saying he just lost a 16-30 dollar lure and 12-30 bucks in line to throw it at a 2500$ toy just because it was annoying had he pulled it out of the sky he would probably be paying for anything he damaged I don't care if the FAA says this or that he did the equivalent of throwing a rock at a car because the exhaust was annoying...

I've read about people in New York throwing bricks through car windows because of car alarms not shutting up. People do crazy things when their buttons get pushed.

I've read about people in New York throwing bricks through car windows because of car alarms not shutting up. People do crazy things when their buttons get pushed.

I was close to that point in my old apartment and had a car that would go on and off for about 3hrs a night from 3-5am every day right outside my window.

Shit, wrong thread, thought this was the rugby kid thread...got my threads mixed up with windows open.

Back