First Transaction

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
Trying out my first transaction (seller) through the site and I've been trying to work with one guy for over a day now. Kind of disappeared yesterday came back this morning I asked for his phone number and address like it mentions in the forums best practices he just gave me the address. I'm not really sure what a phone call would do but the best practices list that is like a big deal if they won't give you their phone number. Otherwise his account seems longstanding on this site but just wondering if I should go ahead. When I asked him about it he just gave me his PayPal account and said it's verified. I don't even see a way to check that through PayPal or if that would even really matter.

You don't need his/her phone number. Verified PayPal is fine. See if he/she has reputation through Heatware. If you don't feel safe it's not against forum rules to ask for PayPal Friends & Family or Venmo, which don't offer buyer protection. Of course, if you yourself don't have good rep the other party may not trust YOU either.

End of the day it's your call. I'm personally usually inclined to trust long term members on this forum. I am almost always the seller and haven't been burned here yet.

I left the Friends & Family up to them if they what to pay the 3%. If they do I guess they could try and say the item did not work and get PayPal to return the money.

He has a HeatWare account though I can't look at HeatWare right now. ??? Odd as just this morning a guy sent me a question about the item through HeatWare.

www.heatware.com refused to connect.

Now working.

UsernameFeedbackLocation
XXXX92 0 0philadelphia, pa

92 heatware is a lot. I would just do the deal personally. I can't speak for you though. One thing I do though is look up the address in Google Maps. If it looks like its in an urban area or there may be porch pirates, I send it with signature confirmation.

Perfect Heat, looks like a great buyer.

FYI, don't ask a buyer to cover any fee. Either factor the fee into your price or ask for PayPal Friends and Family only if you do not feel safe. With a rep of 92-0-0 you shouldn't worry about a scam.

Perfect Heat, looks like a great buyer.

FYI, don't ask a buyer to cover any fee. Either factor the fee into your price or ask for PayPal Friends and Family only if you do not feel safe. With a rep of 92-0-0 you shouldn't worry about a scam.
I didn't want to force them either way. If they really didn't want to pay more for the protection, whatever it's worth. They could decide. The shipping as well, I wasn't sure what kind of differences you'd see from the pricing coast to coast or you know what if they're in Hawaii or Alaska or something and they're like okay shippings included where's my stuff?

The protection goes both ways too, keep that in mind. If you mail it without tracking or insurance a recipient can claim they never got it or it’s damaged.

Actually PayPal states that you can't charge the buyer for the PayPal fees. It's the price the seller pays. So like it was said above work the fee into your price.

Will keep in mind but same difference. VISA says the same but I've seem many places over the years offer a lower price of you don't use a CC. Saying it's ok to like hide the fees is silly. PP can do or say whatever but there are trying to force people to lie or hide stuff from users or simply don't what customers to be reminded.

Will keep in mind but same difference. VISA says the same but I've seem many places over the years offer a lower price of you don't use a CC. Saying it's ok to like hide the fees is silly. PP can do or say whatever but there are trying to force people to lie or hide stuff from users or simply don't what customers to be reminded.

Exactly. I've had people try to get a discount from my price if they paid F&F.

I usually always, if buying, will add at least 3% above the price the seller wants. Most often I'll add around 5% so that the seller gets the asking price plus a touch more.

That is my personal "best practice" for doing deals on the for sale forum. :p

I've had a lot of sellers give me the "thank you, thank you" for adding in the extra. ;)

But, as others have said, with a Heatware rating of 92-0-0 I wouldn't worry too much about getting scammed. That's the wonderful thing about Heatware!!!!

Back