First Titanfall game never coming to PS4

Microsoft just sent them a check. In this age of gaming, outside of Japan, you're not exclusive unless you're getting paid.

Microsoft just sent them a check. In this age of gaming, outside of Japan, you're not exclusive unless you're getting paid.

Who's them? Microsoft probably sent a big check to EA. I'm betting Respawn doesn't see a dime of said check.

Totally agree. Considering the development costs of a AAA game, it does not make cents to limit the platforms. An exclusivity payoff had to have occurred.

Respawn made a deal with the devil they didn't know. Did they REALLY think EA was any different than Activision?

I don't think it'll be a big deal, Titanfall will probably be made into COD-style annual sequel schedule and I doubt Titanfall 2 will be exclusive to XBone (most likely scenario it being a timed exclusive).

I don't think it'll be a big deal, Titanfall will probably be made into COD-style annual sequel schedule and I doubt Titanfall 2 will be exclusive to XBone (most likely scenario it being a timed exclusive).

Exactly. Why is everyone acting like Titanfall will be so incredibly popular? Game trailers are often misleading. Just like movie trailers. We have no idea how the game will be and just because Respawn is made of lots of the former COD glory days team doesn't mean it will be good. Just as Bungie's Destiny isn't 100 percent certain to be good since its made of dev's from the Xbox/Xbox 360 glory days.

If Titanfall is any good then we'll have something to debate about.

Exactly. Why is everyone acting like Titanfall will be so incredibly popular? Game trailers are often misleading. Just like movie trailers. We have no idea how the game will be and just because Respawn is made of lots of the former COD glory days team doesn't mean it will be good. Just as Bungie's Destiny isn't 100 percent certain to be good since its made of dev's from the Xbox/Xbox 360 glory days.

If Titanfall is any good then we'll have something to debate about.

I'd say it's safe to say that both Titanfall and Destiny will be good. They have a lot of talent, and a lot of money behind them. Those things will go a long way. They probably won't be groundbreaking, but I certainly wouldn't worry about them being bad.

Furthermore, you can pretty much bet anything that both will become a franchise. And with Titanfall, it could very easily fall into a similar pattern as COD with frequent follow ups. The footage we've seen suggests that it will play very much like COD with mechs, and people are gunna eat that up. It will sell very well.

I'd say it's safe to say that both Titanfall and Destiny will be good. They have a lot of talent, and a lot of money behind them. Those things will go a long way. They probably won't be groundbreaking, but I certainly wouldn't worry about them being bad.

Furthermore, you can pretty much bet anything that both will become a franchise. And with Titanfall, it could very easily fall into a similar pattern as COD with frequent follow ups. The footage we've seen suggests that it will play very much like COD with mechs, and people are gunna eat that up. It will sell very well.

I'd argue that talent and money often don't output great results. Plenty of examples through gaming history to prove that true. Destiny is an MMO so franchise isn't likely at the moment , Bungie already made clear what kind of success they want (think WoW) so I would say they are seriously hedging their bets even with their branding and success. Respawn hasn't produced anything so I think its fair to be critical of them as well , we have no idea how Titanfall will actually play and if it will be anywhere near as successful as COD has been.

Both developers have a lot to prove at this point , both are taking on ambitious projects and gamers will expect a lot of the teams that have created Halo and COD.

I'd argue that talent and money often don't output great results. Plenty of examples through gaming history to prove that true. Destiny is an MMO so franchise isn't likely at the moment , Bungie already made clear what kind of success they want (think WoW) so I would say they are seriously hedging their bets even with their branding and success. Respawn hasn't produced anything so I think its fair to be critical of them as well , we have no idea how Titanfall will actually play and if it will be anywhere near as successful as COD has been.

Both developers have a lot to prove at this point , both are taking on ambitious projects and gamers will expect a lot of the teams that have created Halo and COD.

Everyone that I've seen talk about playing Titanfall has loved it. Whether it's the games press or people at events like Gamescom and PAX. Most of the trailers for Titanfall so far have been actual gameplay and they have been doing live demos since E3. At this point I think it is safe to say that there is a good chance of Titanfall being a good game.

Actually, we have a lot of ideas of how Titanfall will play, from actual people playing it and talking about it. There is a lot of information out there. The big important unknowns at this point are: How the story actually works, the other mechs, and how they are doing a progression system. They have been talking about and showing off the core gameplay stuff since E3.

Everyone that I've seen talk about playing Titanfall has loved it. Whether it's the games press or people at events like Gamescom and PAX. Most of the trailers for Titanfall so far have been actual gameplay and they have been doing live demos since E3. At this point I think it is safe to say that there is a good chance of Titanfall being a good game.

Actually, we have a lot of ideas of how Titanfall will play, from actual people playing it and talking about it. There is a lot of information out there. The big important unknowns at this point are: How the story actually works, the other mechs, and how they are doing a progression system. They have been talking about and showing off the core gameplay stuff since E3.

No offense to press goers and such but they often play games at press events and come out with glowing impressions. Press events mean jack shit , it only really matters when someone can sit down in some kind of comfort and really take time to crack open a game that you something that reaches a real opinion. Standing in a line for 4-5 hours to play 10 minutes of gameplay on an Alpha build gives you really nothing.

I've been to more than my share of press events and I can even tell you from personal experience that the setting and hype often play a HUGE factor in how a game will be previewed by anyone there. The entire point of such events is to get you excited for something you either get no real time with or barely any time with so that you'll hopefully respond to others with the same impressions.

As you mentioned there are also many questions currently left to respond to and we likely won't hear anything for a while so..

Both games look fun (Destiny is what I'm more interested in) but that doesn't mean they will be winners when they come out.

No offense to press goers and such but they often play games at press events and come out with glowing impressions. Press events mean jack shit , it only really matters when someone can sit down in some kind of comfort and really take time to crack open a game that you something that reaches a real opinion. Standing in a line for 4-5 hours to play 10 minutes of gameplay on an Alpha build gives you really nothing.

I've been to more than my share of press events and I can even tell you from personal experience that the setting and hype often play a HUGE factor in how a game will be previewed by anyone there. The entire point of such events is to get you excited for something you either get no real time with or barely any time with so that you'll hopefully respond to others with the same impressions.

As you mentioned there are also many questions currently left to respond to and we likely won't hear anything for a while so..

Gamescom and PAX aren't press events. You don't get the hours to sit down with the game, but since people seemed able to pick it up easy and learn how to do things while still really enjoying themselves does say something. I'm not really a COD fan, but I'm willing to give Respawn and Titanfall some bit of reprieve from a ton of doubt. Not to the point where I am rushing out to pre-order it (even if the CE is kind of awesome) but enough to where I am really looking forward to learning more about the game.

As for Destiny. I actually did pre-order that one for a very specific reason: The beta. I am very curious and kind of excited for this one as well. I really like the look of the game and how the little gameplay they showed works. So for the cost of just having the pre-order sit in my Amazon orders page for several months I'll get to try it out and not worry about paying too much attention to the game in the coming months to manage my anticipation. I really hope Respawn does a beta for the PC version of Titanfall, I'd like to actually play it for myself.

Dat rilly sucks I hope this doesn't happen too often....I still think the PS4 will be dominate

Destiny as a franchise depends on how you define franchise. For example, there technically is no WoW 2, but how many expansions are there? In fact, pretty much every mainstream MMO get's expansion packs. Maybe Destiny will be the same? All I'm saying is the initial release probably won't be the only thing we ever see with a Destiny logo on the game box ;)

I don't deny that both developers have a lot to prove. But their track record is uncanny. You've got talent from two of the best selling pieces of any entertainment medium. A lot of people would tell you their respective franchises were way over rated. I'd agree. But they will still overwhelmingly popular. I don't see these games being any different.

Gamescom and PAX aren't press events. You don't get the hours to sit down with the game, but since people seemed able to pick it up easy and learn how to do things while still really enjoying themselves does say something. I'm not really a COD fan, but I'm willing to give Respawn and Titanfall some bit of reprieve from a ton of doubt. Not to the point where I am rushing out to pre-order it (even if the CE is kind of awesome) but enough to where I am really looking forward to learning more about the game.

As for Destiny. I actually did pre-order that one for a very specific reason: The beta. I am very curious and kind of excited for this one as well. I really like the look of the game and how the little gameplay they showed works. So for the cost of just having the pre-order sit in my Amazon orders page for several months I'll get to try it out and not worry about paying too much attention to the game in the coming months to manage my anticipation. I really hope Respawn does a beta for the PC version of Titanfall, I'd like to actually play it for myself.

Gamescon and PAX are Press events with public access. Every gaming news outlet sends staff to both for the reasons. There might not be any conferences for the press but regardless the experience isn't very different anymore as these events are just starting to blend together honestly. The only big difference is that these two have a lot of cos players where other events not so much.

Destiny looks great but taking on an MMO these days is very risky. MMO's are not doing so well anymore. Not like they where 5 years ago. Bungie has the talent but it's totally hit or miss as far as making a successful MMO.

Titanfall looks great but all we've seen is a very scripted type preview and no one really going hands on in a video live. I'm betting optimistic but we will see once we get some live demos of it.

Titanfall is this generations Halo for Xbox. This recently happened and Microsoft had good reason to scout standout titles to buy exclusives.

It's only one game but it's going to sway first time buyers for sure. If they didn't grab it up they'd only have Halo and Forza and they couldn't allow that.

Titanfall is this generations Halo for Xbox. This recently happened and Microsoft had good reason to scout standout titles to buy exclusives.

It's only one game but it's going to sway first time buyers for sure. If they didn't grab it up they'd only have Halo and Forza and they couldn't allow that.

Titanfall interests me (more than Halo, but that's not important), and I represents what's REALLY interesting for next gen consoles: New franchises. A lot of new franchises were started on the Xbox 360 and PS3, and I'm waiting to see what sticks out with the new stuff that comes out.

So in other words business happened between to massive companies and deals were made.
Happens every day all over planet earth and in Japan as well.
/thread

Dont really care. First, its coming to PC so ill just buy it there over xbone or ps4 anyway, also i dont think the game is really going to be all that.

Titanfall gives me a broner. 2nd titanfall for ps4 in 1080p will poon titanfall 1 and 2 in 720p on the brob0x1.

Back