First time Wow Player - meh.

Well it's been two days and the OP has not made a post on [H] since then. I think it's safe to say his view towards WOW has changed and he is now sucked into the WOW.

Congrats to all the posters above for ruining a poor child's life. :D

Well it's been two days and the OP has not made a post on [H] since then. I think it's safe to say his view towards WOW has changed and he is now sucked into the WOW.

Congrats to all the posters above for ruining a poor child's life. :D

Not hardly. Actually I just wanted to give the game a little more time before I gave the final "thumbs up" or "thumbs down". A couple more weeks ought to do it. I played solo for a bit last night and it was a little better than before. Like I said I'll give it some more time.

never get nerfed! pshh

I want my thistle tea back to normal, and i want AR prep back and hemo buffed again :-(

pvpwise, we fuckin dominate with daggers once again.

WoW is most enjoyable whenever you're playing with people you like and know. Starting new on a server full of people you've never met kinda sucks.

Your friends have fooled you. WoW is really just social networking software disguised as a game.

Uhg, WoW.

Wasted many years, off and on. In the beginning it was GREAT. Especially when LAN partying with friends in zones you had never seen before. There was a great variety of small instances to run 5 man, which we would do over and over.

I got just about every class to 30-40 and 4 or so to end game.

It really is mind numbingly boring, and it really is a social network thing. I have friends who beg me to play it, to this day, and we all bought it together when it hit the stores. They want me to "level with them." I won't go back, its a waste of time. Except Scarlet Monastery. ZOMG ITS A CASTER DAGGER! *rogue rolls*

This isn't 2004 anymore.

werd. I did that 14-day trial thing and quit after day 5. I mean the servers were either full or they were down so every time I went to try and play I would have to start a new character on a different server etc... Plus I hate walking around. I think they make you walk around allot so they can get people to have to play the game for a bare minimum of time so they can get their monthly fee's because I do not see how that makes the game more fun and exciting.

Downloading the trial again now to play for a week until Darkfall comes out - wanted to give it another chance since I only tried one class last time.

The downloader is utter WANK SHITE BOLLOCKS. I have fibre-optic, 60-100Mbps internet that can download your face in two seconds and it's taken eighty bastard minutes to download a 631MB patch on this downloader.

With all the money they make and the number of subscribers they have you'd think they'd splash out on some less crap servers of bandwidth or something.

Downloading the trial again now to play for a week until Darkfall comes out - wanted to give it another chance since I only tried one class last time.

The downloader is utter WANK SHITE BOLLOCKS. I have fibre-optic, 60-100Mbps internet that can download your face in two seconds and it's taken eighty bastard minutes to download a 631MB patch on this downloader.

With all the money they make and the number of subscribers they have you'd think they'd splash out on some less crap servers of bandwidth or something.

Its set up like a torrent. If you want faster speeds disable the downloading from peers. I always netted faster speeds this way.

Its set up like a torrent. If you want faster speeds disable the downloading from peers. I always netted faster speeds this way.

I might be getting a different downloader because it's the trial, but I don't get any options, just a bar that shows the download progress.

WoW blows.
Warhammer rocks. Played WoW for 5 years. Loved vanilla WoW. Bought War. Cancelled WoW two days ago!

Jesus Christ this shit is getting old.............

Well, it's true, so it's bound to get repeated. World of Warcraft is the same mental addiction as gambling, without the neon lights and chain smoking. Maybe with chain smoking.

i just love hearing my friend go , "god this game is so boring" every night.

for the past year.

I didn't like WoW when I played it for 20 mins either, but I don't want to play it anymore cause I don't want to get addicted.

The thing with WoW is that I can look back at all the time I put in and actually see my progress. I worked hard for that gear and know one can take it away from me. If I don't play for a month and log back in, my gear and everything is the same.

I play a lot of fps as well. Every time I play one of those I start with the same weapons, same abilities, ect.

I guess my point is that wow is a long-term game fo sho.

just my 2cents

I've played since launch, so I'm quite familiar with the game. But if you don't enjoy the "going to one NPC, click accept, do the same spell rotation on 20 mobs, come back to NPC, click complete, go to another NPC, repeat" type of deal, you won't really enjoy WoW, at least until you're 80, but if you can't stand it, may as well not keep going.

Unless you are into PvP, then it's totally worth it. I think WoW has the best PvP (in the literal sense.. against other people) of any game I've ever played. The best and most fun and rewarding.

WoW blows.
Warhammer rocks. Played WoW for 5 years. Loved vanilla WoW. Bought War. Cancelled WoW two days ago!

agreed. i've enjoyed WAR since i bought it. i just love the amount of things you can do as soon as you start playing. scenarios and ORvR, cheap mounts, and everything overall is just damn fun. like has been said before though, doing quests is pretty boring and i've pretty much given up doing them. i just login for ORvR and scenarios now since i moved up to Tier 2 yesterday. definitely a lot more action on Vortex in Tier 2 than in 1. lol

never got into WoW and i even had someone to quest with in my cousin who gave me a trial key. i've tried WoW at least 3 times since it came out and have gotten bored each time. its just a big MEH to me i guess.

MMOs in general = solo boring grinds. At some point or another. Either find some fun people to play with or stop playing MMOs.

Never played WoW and probably won't.

More into Everquest/2 and been hearing nothing but good things for War lately.

Most of getting to a high level in wow is solo. I too got bored of wow but that's after I got to level 70. I did find getting to level 70 pretty fun but the end game was a total bore. PVP was great though.

If you are interested in another MMO, I would suggest EQ2.

Does WoW have a storyline? It has a HUGE storyline developed over the past 14 years since Warcraft: Orcs & Humans was released.

The Warcraft storyline was ruined with Warcraft 3 and the expansion pack where it became ridiculous with all these new alliances, many more new factions, and people switching sides. I loved the Warcraft 2 storyline where it was more of a giant war with a "dark" atmosphere and feel to it.

The Warcraft storyline was ruined with Warcraft 3 and the expansion pack where it became ridiculous with all these new alliances, many more new factions, and people switching sides. I loved the Warcraft 2 storyline where it was more of a giant war with a "dark" atmosphere and feel to it.

+1, though you hardly touched upon how the story was ruined

completely and totally disagree. The story in wc3 was incredible.

What I don't like about WoW is the community. It's extremely immature and hostile towards newbies and even more casual players. If you don't play constantly and have the best gear, then you're a scrub, and if you don't know the game inside and out, then you're a noob. Just spend a few minutes monitoring trade chat and you'll see what I mean. I

What I don't like about WoW is the community. It's extremely immature and hostile towards newbies and even more casual players. If you don't play constantly and have the best gear, then you're a scrub, and if you don't know the game inside and out, then you're a noob. Just spend a few minutes monitoring trade chat and you'll see what I mean. I

Amen.

As a WoW newbie (play casually a few hours a week) the discussion in game and on the WoW forums assumes that everyone participating is level 70 or higher, and if you're not you're worthless. It's assumed that you will spend every waking moment of your existence living and breathing WoW. Very little patience for people trying to learn the game, the gameplay, and the lingo.

There are entirely too many people that have been playing for so long that they cannot relate to someone who is being exposed to the complexity of the game for the first time.

It makes for a very unpleasant and alienating experience.

I'd say that's because most things pre-70(80 now isn't it?) have been rehashed thousands of times, and since WoW is pretty much about end game, that's what is discussed. I played WoW for a bit.. had 2 level 70's. I was just on a smallish server and didn't have the time that I could plan out several hours for a raid. In response to Vincenz, you'll see that in nearly every online game you play. That's what anonymity breeds.

Unless you are into PvP, then it's totally worth it. I think WoW has the best PvP (in the literal sense.. against other people) of any game I've ever played. The best and most fun and rewarding.

WAR PVP is so far beyond WoW that it's silly.

get questhelper or carbonite and powerlevel to 80 (vendor everything, don't waste time with auctions, only do instances if you have a power group as pugs are ineficient).

in a couple of weeks you can play with your friends.

lvl 12 is nothing, you might as well still be level 2. When you get to 25ish you will get enough abilities to mow through monsters your level and it will get dramatically faster. The optimal xp/hr path has already been figured out just follow quest helper and don't waste any time.

If your spending all of your time solo grinding quests thats probably the problem. woW is boring as shit playing by yourself (especially early levels) it will get better once you start doing instances with people

thas for sure, and i only had the trial so i couldnt join people (i think they had to invite me in) but no one would!, seemed like alot of lower levelers i ran into only had the trial as well, i think that is WoW bg mistake why limit a trial account like that....

That's the worst thing about starting WOW IMO, the grind from 0 to 60 in the old world content is terrible as the items are so vastly better once you reach an expansion.

I had something 4 lvl 60 characters before the first expansion and it was such a better game as people actually did the instances on the way up and took the time to enjoy the content. Now you basically put your head down and mechanically grind for a week to get to a level where people actively group. It's a shame to skip out on all of that and it's Blizzards fault for encouraging it by the gear resets of the expansions.

Wow wasn't fun for me until I reached Outland and reached lvl 60ish. Before that, it was a grind, with the occasional bright spot being the instances. Wow, imo, is geared heavily towards the end game. Hell, why do you think they make the death knight start at 55? Anyways, find a guild, or just get your friends to power level you up till 60 or something.

i would agree its alot more fun playing with friends, solo= the bored and like others have said you really dont start to play the "real game" till higher lvls

Back