First SFF Build! *SG01s-Evo*

Same Cisco Kid from RFD? =D

How are your temperatures looking like?

looks nice!!! i also love ur backround, cant wait for the game!

Thanks! Yes very eager for HellGate!!

I'm making a few adjustmants this weekend. I'm going to replace the stock fans with 3 x Noctuas and add the OCZ LED RAM cooler to the mix. I needed a little better cooling and the noise is good, but I wanted a little better ;).

wow! this case looks beautiful with all the stuff u got in it, looks nice and clean, the ocz cooler looks great, and the new fans. man i think imma have to get me one of those cases, and build a am2 machine in it. i was thinkin, i just bought the same board you have, and i was thinkin of painting the inside of my case candy red, the outside of my case is black, it would match my new mobo, and video card, and also thinking of buying a fatality zalman cpu cooler just cus its red. would that look nice? i just love how the new sugo with windows look! its even painted inside! oh and just to make it look cleaner, u should put those blue wires under the fan and infront of the hdd cage if theres room, would look neater imho.

LAST UPDATE - Wire Management ;)

Case off (Left Side) - http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s149/criscojk/Caseoff-LeftSide.jpg
Case off (Right Side) - http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s149/criscojk/Caseoff-RightSide.jpg
Case on (Left Side) - http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s149/criscojk/Caseon-LeftSide.jpg
Case on (Right Side) - http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s149/criscojk/Caseon-RightSide.jpg

On the left side you'll notice I cleaned up the USB/Power LED/Reset SW cords with black spiral wrap.

On right side I took one of the silent Silverstone 80mm Fans and Velcro'd it to the bottom of the CD drive cage. This is exhausting air. So now the air passes through from the left over the Hard Drives an exits via the right silverstone fan.

So what does everyone think? Does it clean? lol, yes I'm being a bit a#@l.

Thanks! :D

wow! this case looks beautiful with all the stuff u got in it, looks nice and clean, the ocz cooler looks great, and the new fans. man i think imma have to get me one of those cases, and build a am2 machine in it. i was thinkin, i just bought the same board you have, and i was thinkin of painting the inside of my case candy red, the outside of my case is black, it would match my new mobo, and video card, and also thinking of buying a fatality zalman cpu cooler just cus its red. would that look nice? i just love how the new sugo with windows look! its even painted inside! oh and just to make it look cleaner, u should put those blue wires under the fan and infront of the hdd cage if theres room, would look neater imho.

Sounds like an awesome idea man!! I almost went ALL black w/ red LEDs, but I had a lot of blue stuff so went black/blue led instead ;).

How's it look now?

wow dude looks sweet! the exaughst fan for the hdd was a great idea, very smart, but yes looks great, but can u tuck the cords for the front panel anywhere?

Cisco, doing a very similar build... messed up my socket pins last night so I have to wait for another MB...

I was playing around with cabling and I found how I was going to do my USB and header cables... You might like it...

I was going to pass all the cables underneath the fan like you did the header. The USB cables are long but they should loop and secure themselves to the front of the case via tension.

The only problem with this I see is that it may be a bit more difficult to put the cover back on...

Good build...

yes that looks great now!! i think u just pushed me over the edge to buy this case!! lol now just to get some money!

Well kiss my tax return good bye!!

Just gave the Vid Card a little torture test and couldn't get it above 73c. No too too bad for air cooling IMO.

The case beautiful and the layout awesome. To be honest this was the easiest build I have done so far (with exception to some BIOS issues). I've always built large hulking full/server towers.

Glad you guys like it. It's been about 4yrs since I built a rig and wasn't sure how I would do building my first SFF system. Now as long as the hardware remains ok I'll be all set.

wat happen to the bios? and how u fix it? i just wanna noe so i can fix the problem fast if i got it on my board thats commin in.

wat happen to the bios? and how u fix it? i just wanna noe so i can fix the problem fast if i got it on my board thats commin in.

The BIOS issue I speak of was the CPU fan control problem. The system has a fail safe where it auto shuts down when there isn't a CPU fan connected to the CPUFAN pin on the mobo. The darn thing would shut down on me each time I tried to install Vista. You have to disable the fan control in the PC HEALTH STATUS within the BIOS to correct this (Only when not using a CPU fan...like me).

The other problem I ran into was with an X-Fi card that I have since returned. The BIOS posted the accurate 4GBs prior to the install of the card, but after installed it would only show 3.6GBs. Not sure I completely understand why this was happening. I spoke to Abit and they said it was a memory conflict that I guess will be fixed in the next BIOS??

Other than that she's running like a dream!

Weird.. I swear the SG-01 came with untreated interior. Thanks, now I know my pure black theme should work out okay, =D

OH. Okay.. so its ONLY the one with the windows that has the black interior, okay. Thanks!

u should thats a good one, but try to get the cords to come up to the mobo from the side, u get wat im sayin?

Cisco kid I must thank you...I've been thinking about doing a sff setup very simular to yours and you did it so well I cant wait to build something like it. I was worried how it would look because I think a lot of sff cases look fugly, but that case you have and the way you made it work, it looks like a beast in a small package.
Major props, I cant wait to get something up in a few months that looks like that.
Very nice build man good work. Hope you love it.

Cisco kid I must thank you...I've been thinking about doing a sff setup very simular to yours and you did it so well I cant wait to build something like it. I was worried how it would look because I think a lot of sff cases look fugly, but that case you have and the way you made it work, it looks like a beast in a small package.
Major props, I cant wait to get something up in a few months that looks like that.
Very nice build man good work. Hope you love it.

Thanks much! I'm loving the build. It packs a punch for such a small package. I've always built huge computers and was very eager to start this project. Good luck with your build!!

Good choice in speakers. Have they died on you yet? :p I baby my klipsch, I know they are a time bomb ready to go off.

Good choice in speakers. Have they died on you yet? :p I baby my klipsch, I know they are a time bomb ready to go off.

The speakers are hanging in there just fine! I usually use headphones, so hopefully that will help increase their life ;).

Just an update, but the rig is still alive and kicking! It's been blazing through games and all other sorts of applications. I'm still amazed by the difference from my old AMD 939 rig. I have yet to OC and may do so at this rate.

Nice build. Been searching for threads with SG01 pics. I might want to pic one up for watercooling purposes.

Nice build! I like my SG01-e quite a bit, but beware if you have an extremely long graphics card you will have to remove the hard drive cage! I ended up custom mounting my hard drive in one of the 5.25" bays because the 5.25" to 3.5" adapters are all too noisy for hard drives.

Do you think a hd2900XT would fit in this case, its about 9.5 inch's long, dual slot cooler of course.

Of course Nickush, if he can fit a GTS then you can fit your....2900...*shivers

To get the black interior you would have to make sure that the SG-01 that you buy is the Evolution version, and it is available on both the windowed and non-windowed black SG-01 Evolution.

I actually ordered the SG01 Evolution BW from Newegg and am getting the silver interior. To make a long story short (long story posted in another thread), Newegg contacted Silverstone about it and Silverstone contacted me today. They stated they made a batch of with the silver interior and implied that it was not a mistake. Newegg doesn't currently have the BW with the black interior, even though thats what is advertised on both Newegg's site and Silverstone's. In any event both Silverstone and Newegg acknowledge that I wanted the version with the black interior and are working to resolve (slowly, but it appears to be getting done). However, I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes on Newegg's site in the near future to reflect the batch they received.

To get the black interior you would have to make sure that the SG-01 that you buy is the Evolution version, and it is available on both the windowed and non-windowed black SG-01 Evolution.
All the new sugo 1 are evo editions so that doesnt even matter.

and to the guy that got silver that stinks, are you pissed or did you like it?

Back