First rocker switch mod (Little mod,Novice,pic)

YeaAboutMalmrose

Weaksauce
Well [H], im new to this forum and modding. This is my first thread and i wanted to share with you my first step into the modding world. Yes i know its not that big, but its somthing to me.

So i recently got my x2 neons and i saw it came with a suprisingly not bad looking rocker switch, and i knew i could not keep in in the sea of my wires, so i decided to put it right into a drive cover for easy access(sp). I drilled a pretty small hole and hand filed out the hole so the switch barely fit (becuase things should be tight secure(sp)) with a round file (someone in shop would know what im talking about). BUT i thought it turned out well, so heres a pic:
newbiemod.jpg

mods to come for my pc are:
fan in the window
blowhole on the top of the case
maybe some new fans for the psu

thanks

Gotta start somewhere :) Nice job. Most would probably put the dot on the top though. On would be more like a lightswitch in your room that way. But to each is own

YeaAboutMalmrose said:
a round file (someone in shop would know what im talking about).........
don't worry most people should know what that is.;) especially if they consider themselves a modder!

nice job for your first mod. a little advice, make sure that you check out the case mod FAQ (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=758609) and you will save yourself a lot of time and there is some awesome info in there. good luck. in a few months you'll probably have 40 of those switches all over your case and 25 more waiting to go on :D

looks cool, looks like u got the centering right too..might wanna put the dot on the top tho, but other than that..happy modding! :D

haha i had no idea it was supposed to white dot on the top, i really thought about sanding that little thing off for a while too, but i guess it looks fine

btw- the switch actually is not centered on the drive cover but a bit to the side (just incase i wanted to add another on :p)

i cant wait to do the fan mods and such :D

i believe he means that it is centered between the top and bottom of the bay. i had to do a double take myself

lukeh182 said:
i believe he means that it is centered between the top and bottom of the bay. i had to do a double take myself

Yeah, it is centered pretty well in the vertical center of the bay.....but if you're just gonna have one it MIGHT have looked nicer having it dead center in the bay cover. W/e though.....its all good, to each his own. Welcome to our addiction. ;)

Centering it verticaly is a bid deal. Switches look like crap when they are not centered or not all lined up if you have more than one. Good Job.

YeaAboutMalmrose said:
thank you....wait, was that a really smart insult?( :D )
No that wasn't an insult or sarcasm or reverse anything. Good Job.

YeaAboutMalmrose said:
thanks then :)

besides that fact that this little switch is 5 bucks, think this bad boy would look better in it place? :D :D
http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/ele-76.html

I don't think so, the regular rocker switches with glowing LED's look a little too ricey for me.....the only thing I'd use instead of a regular rocker is one of these sexc bitches. :cool: I know it's more expensive.....but they do look nice. I dunno, its jsut cus i wanna use one of those Vandal switchs/buttons for the power button on my case.....I think they're nice.....maybe not the most practicle thing for you though.

yeah, sorry about that misunderstadning, yes, i meant centered vertically...but a word of sern advice/warning....whatever you do...you must sacrifice your soul to make sure that any other switches you put on there are properly spaced and are on the EXACT SAME VERTICAL ALLIGNMENT as the first one... if they are off my just a little bit...tis very very bad...i tried to do the same thing with building a fan bus using sound jacks for the power instead of molex connectors...looked like crap cause i didnt have the jacks centered...i did it again and voila!!! :p :p luck with all the other mods u plan to do...congrats at a good first job, keep it up

cornelious0_0 said:
I don't think so, the regular rocker switches with glowing LED's look a little too ricey for me.....the only thing I'd use instead of a regular rocker is one of these sexc bitches. :cool: I know it's more expensive.....but they do look nice. I dunno, its jsut cus i wanna use one of those Vandal switchs/buttons for the power button on my case.....I think they're nice.....maybe not the most practicle thing for you though.
exact same thing my bud said, and i still stand by the fact that since im so hardcore about staying to my color themes that that vandal switch would be going against my "black/green/blue" theme seeing that it has a "brushed silver" finish on the ring. I know its a bit extreme but i guess thats me. And thanks for the comments on my centering, as you can tell im a bit obsesive(sp) about stuff :confused: But im going to consider putting the vandal switch as my power button and put the led switch where i wanted it :D But thanks for everyone's opinions(sp)

edit- damn it, just realized that the inside of my case is the same "brushed silver" color...i dont know, it just seems more like a power switch

Back