First Review of the Gigabyte 7970 Super Overclock

I see all those lil fans (reminiscent of the ones they used to put on HD coolers) and all I can think is LOUD! :p

Something tells me that AtomicPC's main goal was to put the headline "world's first review" on their page. A distant second on their list of priorities was providing good information.

Thanks anyway for posting the link but I'll be waiting until sites like AnandTech or TPU or [H] do their review. I'm curious to see how good the heatsink is.

Yeah, those fans look really loud. I can't imagine such small fans putting out a good amount of airflow without them creating a high pitched noise

Yeah, those fans look really loud. I can't imagine such small fans putting out a good amount of airflow without them creating a high pitched noise

I'd just put it underwater and use the fans for cooling other crap like raid cards etc...

Is it just me or does their logic not make much sense?

The premise is that cool air will get pulled in from below and then blown out the top... but who has their case laying flat to make that make sense? It looks like it would be twice as useless in my FT-02 as well...

My mind is thoroughly boggled.

i can't wait for someone to mod that thing. maybe throw some headers and exhaust pipe on it. :eek:

Back