First real HTPC, Antec NSk2400

Dillusion

Supreme [H]ardness
I've had like, shitty spare-parts computers in the past, and stuff like that. I played around with certain things, but none of them this much up to date and functional.

Specs:
Socket 754 1.6GHZ @ 2GHZ
Jetway GT754-PTD or something (awesome board)
512MB G.Skill DDR
Powercolor PCI-E x1 550 Pro
Linksys Wireless B PCI
160GB HD/DVD Burner
NSK2400 w/ 380w PSU

using a DVI to HDMI cable from monoprice, and RCA to 2.5mm audio adapter plug, using speakers from the TV. Cable splitter is splitting my HDTV box and the HTPC.

Pics:

mobo
htpc1.jpg

component bracket
htpc2.jpg

pieces
htpc3.jpg

installed
htpc4.jpg

x1 tuner
htpc5.jpg

htpc
htpc6.jpg

32" westy
htpc7.jpg

nice case:) same one that my htpc runs in.... I really like it, a lot of well designed spaces.....
Enjoy your new setup:)

got the case about a month ago. waiting on a C2D matx mobo that is good. Hopefully nvidia chipsets for matx will come out soon. Its an amazing case.

that case is awsome, i have been waiting to see one in action! thanks for the pics, it looks awsome.

I'm using DVI to HDMI right now. The component works great, and you can run dual monitors aswell with the VGA/DVI/Component outs.

Right now my sempron is sitting at 300x8 = 2.4ghz, with the vcore at 1.4 :) This board ROCKS

using DVI to HDMI cable are you able to get the viewable area to fit your screen? I have a similar setup but I haven't had the chance to mess with it. The start bar is off screen. Res is set to 1280x720 but if you know the solution let me know.

one last question. What res is your Westy? 720p or 1080P? I was thinking of getting that case as well but for right now my sff server will double as htpc until I can afford a new core2 setup.

Dillusion said:
No, i have to use 1024x768...i cant use my native 1366x7whatever.

Try hooking up through VGA... I had my pc hooked up through the DVI-to-VGA adaptor, and then through a 10-14ft VGA cable to my Olevia lcd tv. I'm pretty sure whoever manufactures the Olevias also manufactures the Westy's... if you look at the remotes, they're almost identical, except the Olevia has less functions on it's remote. Also your Westy should have a auto calibration feature, when I 1st had it connected to my pc, text in the middle of pages would be a bit blurred, then I discovered the Auto button on the remote and it fixed it, though when the resolution is in 1080i the start button will be cut off somewhat, you can adjust the position of the screen in the menu, though not sure if you can if you're using a HDMI signal since the Auto calibration feature doesn't work when I'm on a HDMI signal.

Oh and forgot to include that through the VGA, I can set the resolution to 1360 x 768 & 1920 x 1080 (interlaced) through PC and Mac (got the TV hooked up to my Mac mini now, also posting from it).

You can also try what I did. I set my 32" Vizio to 1176x664 then used the nvidia panel to underscan the image so that it will fit the entire screen. You would figure with all the new LCD's coming out nvidia would put in drivers to support 1376 reso.

Occidio said:
You would figure with all the new LCD's coming out nvidia would put in drivers to support 1376 reso.
It does but you have to make a custom res for it.

Got a new remote to replace my shitty remote wonder...this remote is awesome, gonna make a thread about it.

r3.jpg

r2.jpg

I don't like the westy 32". The more I play with it I dislike it. I had a 37" and thought it was too big but regret it. The reddish colors on the 32" are off by a bit and the black is not bad but the contrast is eh.

Looks nice though Dill. I have a similar setup but for HD-DVD.

Back