First PS4, which games are must have

DraginDime

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently ran across a great deal for a PS4, it was almost too good to pass up, so I went ahead and bought it. So the main question is, what are the BEST PS4 games to pick up? Mainly speaking of console exclusives here.

I never have had the chance to play "Last of Us" so I figure I will grab it for sure, but what else is out there? I've not owned a Playstation since my trusty old PS2 died many years ago, so I am pretty far out of touch with what is out there. I was really hoping for a new Gran Turismo, but looks like they haven't came out with one of those yet. Read somewhere it would be 2017 before that comes. May try DriveClub for now I guess.

TL;DR
What are some good PS4 exclusive games?

Certainly need to play Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection in your case.

If you like Dark Souls, Bloodborne is PS4 exclusive.

Until Dawn is good if you like those type of games.

Didn't think of Uncharted, I will add that to the list for sure.
I figure I may rent/borrow Bloodborne and see how it is.
Until Dawn looks pretty interesting. I will have to check it out.

I just finished Infamous: Second Son which was awesome.

Check out Walmart's used game selections. There are some great deals in there. There is a Pick 2 Value PS4 games one which saves you some money. There are a couple exclusives you could check out... I posted this on Reddit a few days ago. Some of these are multi-platform games but I just didn't label them as such unless I saw both on the same page:

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) $6.88
Watch_Dogs (Xbox One): $6.88
FarCry 4 (Xbox One): $16.88
Murdered: Soul Suspect (Xbox One): $6.88
Bloodborne: $24.88
Shadow or Mordor (multi-plat): $16.88
Dark Souls 2 (PS4): $24.88
The Evil Within (multi-plat): $16.88
Alien Isolation (PS4): $16.88
The Order 1886 (PS4): $16.88

"Choose Two PS4 Value Games" for $22.
1st Choice:

The Order 1886
LBP 3
Dragon Age: Inquisition
MLB 15: The Show
Fifa 15
The Evil Within
Lords of the Fallen
Shadow of Mordor
WWE 2K15
Sleeping Dogs:Definitive Edition
Saints Row 4: Re-Elected
NHL 15

2nd Choice:

NBA 2K14 Fifa 14 Rabbids Invasion Stick it to the Man Duck Dynasty

I think the pick two is a pretty good deal (You're saving around $2 if you REALLY wanted to play one of the games from the 2nd choices). I would stick with Killzone for the 2nd game (not a bad title and looks amazing), and pick a good one from the first choice. There are some great titles to be had.

If you're worried about buying used from Walmart. Don't be. I just bought FarCry 4 and Sunset Overdrive from them and they both were in excellent condition when I got them. I'll definitely be buying more used games from them in the future. Was very pleased and the prices are pretty damn good. And remember, Site-To-Store shipping is free.

Last edited:
Infamous Second Son (You don't really have to play the others to understand since it's a new story)
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection
Metal Gear Solid 4 (I figured you skipped this one since you haven't owned one since PS2)
Bloodborne
The Order 1886 (Short but sweet, if you can get it for $20 it's worth it)
Killzone

That's about it off the top of my head.

Infamous Second Son (You don't really have to play the others to understand since it's a new story)
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection
Metal Gear Solid 4 (I figured you skipped this one since you haven't owned one since PS2)
Bloodborne
The Order 1886 (Short but sweet, if you can get it for $20 it's worth it)
Killzone

That's about it off the top of my head.

You meant MGS 5.

The Last of Us - as you said
Uncharted series - as everyone said
God Of war series - or else just give away your ps
Infamous - multiple people swear by it though I've never played the series
Bloodborne - Got lots of mixed reviews, guess it depends if you like that kind of games
Fifa 2016 - If you like fifa

You meant MGS 5.

No I meant MGS4 for PS3. MGS5 is no longer exclusive to any console. Although it appears they took MGS4 off the online store so no idea how he could play it on the PS4 since it's not backwards compatible :/

The Last of Us - as you said
Uncharted series - as everyone said
God Of war series - or else just give away your ps
Infamous - multiple people swear by it though I've never played the series
Bloodborne - Got lots of mixed reviews, guess it depends if you like that kind of games
Fifa 2016 - If you like fifa

Not mixed, Bloodborne is on GOTY lists for most sites.

Not sure if you've played Destiny yet.
But if you're willing dish out whatever for exclusives, then Destiny may be worth picking up.
Destiny is console exclusive.

With the Taken King edition, you pretty much skip a lot of the BS original players had to go through.

They've tweaked the game a lot and it's worth checking out.

Infamous Second Son seems like it will be cool.
God of War is a definite, that was one of my favorites series back on PS2.

I would like to try Destiny, but I'm not sure it's for me. But I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. Looks like I've got a few more games I need to put on the list.

Also, some may disagree with me, yet not an exclusive, Diablo 3 is definitely worth picking up.
I enjoyed the PS4 version 10x better than on PC.
The controller feels fantastic with the game over a mouse and keyboard.
But that's my opinion.
An excellent game to have laying around if you have friends over and want to coop.

As well, not exclusive, but Elder Scrolls Online plays fantastic on the PS4 too, and the community is surprisingly stable. Another non sub MMO for live for you.

As much as I loved Diablo II at the time, Diablo 3 just disappointed me, I think I had some unreal expectations on what the game should be. its a decent game in it's own right, but I expected more from Blizzard.
I played ESO for a bit, it was fun, but I never had much time to put into it. I try to keep clear of most MMOs now. Most of them are just so much of a grind that it becomes more like a job than anything else.
But those experiences come from PC of course.

No I meant MGS4 for PS3. MGS5 is no longer exclusive to any console. Although it appears they took MGS4 off the online store so no idea how he could play it on the PS4 since it's not backwards compatible :/

I must be confused. Are you saying that at some point MGS 4 was available to be played on PS4? I know there is no backwards compatibility so the disc wouldn't work but you're saying you could buy it digitally and play on PS4?

I must be confused. Are you saying that at some point MGS 4 was available to be played on PS4? I know there is no backwards compatibility so the disc wouldn't work but you're saying you could buy it digitally and play on PS4?

It was, I definitely remember seeing it on the PSN Store at somepoint when browsing on my PS4. It appears they removed it though unfortunately.

*EDIT* It used to be available as a Playstation Now rental, apparently it abruptly disappeared one day and nobody knows why.

Out of nowhere, Beyond: Two Souls was just confirmed to come out next week (11/24) on PS4. Improved graphics and better combat controls as well as some other improvements.

Out of nowhere, Beyond: Two Souls was just confirmed to come out next week (11/24) on PS4. Improved graphics and better combat controls as well as some other improvements.

Its been known for a few months now.

Back