First post ever in nVidia Flavor

'Twas a joke, 'twas a joke. I couldn't resist. :)
h34rt11.gif

Speaking of nvidia...i'm rather impressed by the 6800 Ultra; they did a pretty good job.

Also, I love the new look of Hardforum; i'm sure i'm not alone.

UnseenClass said:
Speaking of nvidia...i'm rather impressed by the 6800 Ultra; they did a pretty good job.

Also, I love the new look of Hardforum; i'm sure i'm not alone.

ermmmm, what's the big difference?

So i suppose this is ta new Nvidia bunker :eek: Shit im in the wrong forum Wheres my ATI Bunker lmfao j/k :D
But seriously its good to see a dedicated ATI and (shudder :p) Nvidia Forum.

"if you can't play nice, we gotta seperate you boys."

I think thats what happened. Too much post crapping and general wasted yapping about bullshit. Maybe seperating the fanboys will keep the redundant bickering down to a minimal. Though there will be trolls lurking in each just waiting for the opportunity to thread crap with "Why did you buy that POS, ______ has much better ______ and kicks _____'s ass in _______."

Eh, it worked pretty well for the AMD forums. Most of the blues stayed out. However the reverse wasn't true, the intel forums had AMD fanboys up the yin yang [well...moreso than usual that is :D ].

Well, both nVidia and ATI (notice I say nVidia first cuz NVIDIA RULEZ!!!!) both have really good models. Cheap ones for crap-comps, moderate for a budget game,r and then the monsters. I tend to be a little biased for nVidia though, since my best vid card came form them at an awesome price! I upgraded from an ATI Rage Pro 8MB to an nVidia Geforce4 MX440 64MB. :cool:

bah ... last nvidia card i had was a tnt2 32mb that I bought for 5 bucks off ebay to replace my ati rage 4mb

why would anyone buy nvidia now ?

nVidia is the masters and world leader and pioneer of graphics cards!! They're awesome! Much better than the over-glorified ATI. Until I see a clearly better deal (on ATI's side) I'll stick with nVidia!

I was with nVidia all the way till GeForce4. Long live the consumer who doesn't shell out $500 for a X800XT of 6800 Ultra! :p

Matt Welke said:
nVidia is the masters and world leader and pioneer of graphics cards!! They're awesome! Much better than the over-glorified ATI. Until I see a clearly better deal (on ATI's side) I'll stick with nVidia!

You're from Canada, traitor!! Ati deserves the victory, I didn't think they were going to be able to beat the 6800u. I must have been smoking something hallucinagentic. :D

creedAMD said:
You're from Canada, traitor!! Ati deserves the victory, I didn't think they were going to be able to beat the 6800u. I must have been smoking something hallucinagentic. :D

Haha I remember when you argued with that nVidia fanboy for like 5 pages :D

DaveX said:
Haha I remember when you argued with that nVidia fanboy for like 5 pages :D

Yeah, that was funny. It kept me busy while I was at work. Nothing like getting paid $30/hour to be on the [H] :D

Did you just call me a traitor, for being Canadian?! Or was it because I don't use shit for video cards? :p

Matt Welke said:
Did you just call me a traitor, for being Canadian?! Or was it because I don't use shit for video cards? :p

Of course for not backing one of your own companies. Why do you think they have shit for video cards?

If i was to actually get a graphics card for $500 it would probably be the geforce 6800 ultra because of its drivers being less buggy. The preformance diffrence between it and the x800 isn't massive. I have just had too many issues with catalyst to recommend ati at this point, however it could just be because ati neglects the 8500LE :(

BoWser said:
If i was to actually get a graphics card for $500 it would probably be the geforce 6800 ultra because of its drivers being less buggy. The preformance diffrence between it and the x800 isn't massive. I have just had too many issues with catalyst to recommend ati at this point, however it could just be because ati neglects the 8500LE :(

Actually reviews show a different story. The Farcry bug is still there with nvidia cards. And dx9 performance is dismal compared to the x800. I do understand where you are coming from, after my 8500 I swore never to get another ati card, decided to take a chance on a 9700pro and that card has been a blessing every since. absolutely 0 problems between my 3 cards. I would like to see the opengl performance increase on the Ati card before doom3, but as for now present opengl games are blazing as is.

It's funny that Valve said the 6800 Ultra can barely run HL2. For god sakes my 9800XT will run it fine.

I didn't know ATI was a Canadian Company... Well, it depends on model, I guess. I will just choose whats better in the future.

creedAMD said:
Actually reviews show a different story. The Farcry bug is still there with nvidia cards.

I couldn't agree more. There's something clearly wrong with Far Cry + 6800U and I'd wager it's not entirely [or even majorly] the 6800Us fault.

And dx9 performance is dismal compared to the x800.

Call me crazy but I don't find that to be a valid statement. Sure the 6800U gets its ass handed to it in Far Cry, I'm not going to argue with you there. I'm going to argue with you on the fallacy of extrapolating the following:

Far Cry is a DX9 game
6800U suxs at FC
Therefore the 6800U sucks/is dissmal at DX9
-----

If that were true we wouldn't see the 6800U holding its own in HL2 and STALKER. Granted the following benches are from early builds, so while not absolute, you'd have to be a rather assshit ati fanboy to dismiss them outright *cough* hellbinder *cough*. Regardless, I find them to be more valid than comparisions with most other games [since they're not really DX9 'heavy' and ToD sucked monkey balls :eek:].

HL2
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video/r420-2/dx1ud_1600_pure.gif

10% diff, clearly the X800XTPE leads, but I'd hardly call the performance of the 6800U to be 'dismal'.

STALKER
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video/r420-2/dx2escape_1600_candy.gif
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video/r420-2/dx2danger_1600_candy.gif

Not only are the two closer here, but they both have 4xFSAA and 16XAA enabled. Not bad I'd say.

While the X800 might not slaughter the 6800 this round.I just really dont like how damed big and bulky and hot and power hungry the 6800 is. To get what? A little less speed than a card thats by most accounts cool quite and by the looks of it less $$$ and needs less power.
Thats why most people just wont touch nvidia at the moment ;)

Bottom line is they need to get realistic and start designing cards that actually are gonna fit in your case properly not need A car thermofan to cool them and dont cost $1000+<=Intel of the graphics world :p

That has been my main gripe with Nv for awhile now there cards are just to damed power hungry bulky and you get no extra performance for that :eek:

Looks like ATI currently takes the cake when it comes to best performing graphics card. I'm gonna have to look into this "X800" thing.

Vagrant Zero said:
I couldn't agree more. There's something clearly wrong with Far Cry + 6800U and I'd wager it's not entirely [or even majorly] the 6800Us fault.

Call me crazy but I don't find that to be a valid statement. Sure the 6800U gets its ass handed to it in Far Cry, I'm not going to argue with you there. I'm going to argue with you on the fallacy of extrapolating the following:

Far Cry is a DX9 game
6800U suxs at FC
Therefore the 6800U sucks/is dissmal at DX9
-----

If that were true we wouldn't see the 6800U holding its own in HL2 and STALKER. Granted the following benches are from early builds, so while not absolute, you'd have to be a rather assshit ati fanboy to dismiss them outright *cough* hellbinder *cough*. Regardless, I find them to be more valid than comparisions with most other games [since they're not really DX9 'heavy' and ToD sucked monkey balls :eek:].

HL2
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video/r420-2/dx1ud_1600_pure.gif

10% diff, clearly the X800XTPE leads, but I'd hardly call the performance of the 6800U to be 'dismal'.

STALKER
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video/r420-2/dx2escape_1600_candy.gif
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video/r420-2/dx2danger_1600_candy.gif

Not only are the two closer here, but they both have 4xFSAA and 16XAA enabled. Not bad I'd say.

yeah i gotta agree with you there. the fx series had the same problem with far cry so im betting its a simple driver fix they havent gotten to yet. just because the 6800 scores a little lower doesnt mean it sucks. thats just like saying the x800xt sucks at a opengl game because it scores lower than a 6800

im just waiting for the retail 6800 benchmarks, nvidia says they will have performance increases from not being revison boards w/ beta drivers. and they claim to have their power delima fixed. (350w psu required, 480w for overclocking)

should be interesting.

Nvidia rules and ati drools.....heheh just testing...my first post in a long time :D

@trapine said:

That has been my main gripe with Nv for awhile now there cards are just to damed power hungry bulky and you get no extra performance for that :eek:

Single or double slot 6800s will be available, and, unless your motherboard is several years old, or is cheaply made and ill-designed, size of the 6800s isn't a factor.

The power requirements have been lowered (yet some individuals refuse to believe such facts), and those 6800 users that want massive OCs while feeding many other components likely will have beefy PSs anyway.

Performance of the 6800u is on par and exceeding that of the x800p, especially when ATI's deceitful benchmark suggestions are left out. And nVidia's future drivers are only going to make the 6800 series greater performance-wise.

How long untill the 6800's are in the 400 dollar price range, need one for LINUX box for quakecon and 64bit system's geforce 4 4400 is getting long in the tooth and needs replacing as well.

Matt Welke said:

Each of the companies have their faults. The newer nVidia cards don't play nice with DX9. Newer nVidia cards play older games with less texture faults than the newer ATIs.

They are little things really. I have read a lot of info on the x800 series and the next nVidia cards. It is really hard to get an accurate depiction of what is going on considering Beta drivers. Unless either company pulls soe serious shit out of their asses each card is going to be about even (this is from what I have read) with better abilities in some spots thatn the opposing card. Just like most cards that are supposed to be running together.

Bad_Boy said:
yeah i gotta agree with you there. the fx series had the same problem with far cry so im betting its a simple driver fix they havent gotten to yet. just because the 6800 scores a little lower doesnt mean it sucks. thats just like saying the x800xt sucks at a opengl game because it scores lower than a 6800

im just waiting for the retail 6800 benchmarks, nvidia says they will have performance increases from not being revison boards w/ beta drivers. and they claim to have their power delima fixed. (350w psu required, 480w for overclocking)

should be interesting.

ive read that nv's got a new beta driver that apparently fixes the farcry performance problem and gives it a 20% performance boost.

but the driver set is still too buggy and i DONT believe in nv performance numbers. i was real pissed when i saw the performance increases of the det50's, where nv claimed 50% where it was only 15-20%. :eek:

Back