First Person Mario

Am I the only one watching the top-left of the HUD to figure out what was going on?

If they had graphics which looked like that, fine, but I'd still prefer it to be in 2D.

Wha? Plenty of NES games were easy.

Two words. Yo! Noid.
yo-noid_00.png

they should remake old super mario like this but as a platform view and not first person

i mean with 3d models but on a 2d view

That's essentially what New Super Mario Brothers 1/2 and Wii is. They are surprisingly good, although I can detect significant input lag in the Wii version.

That's essentially what New Super Mario Brothers 1/2 and Wii is. They are surprisingly good, although I can detect significant input lag in the Wii version.

We call New Super Mario Bros. "co-op" on the Wii "The Relationship Killer". :D

The whole Mario franchise has been milked to bloody death and back so many times it's just as bad as Madden, COD or The Sims

I have a headache now. And that does not look fun. It has to be 2D or else your going to be thinking the whole time "why doesn't he just jump in the water and avoid all of the cannons, and then jump back on at the end".

I have a headache now. And that does not look fun. It has to be 2D or else your going to be thinking the whole time "why doesn't he just jump in the water and avoid all of the cannons, and then jump back on at the end".

Perhaps you should look at the "behind the scenes" video. They took a "perfect runthrough" of the last super mario 3 levels, and made a first person version of it that matches the 2d exactly.

man, that was making me nauseous. cool vid, bad camera angle. funny how such a great game looks ridiculous in 3D, but made sense in 2D. Now do Pitfall so i can barf :)

Cool video.

Why did Bowser build a bridge in his own castle that can't support his weight?

Hmm, I like it. First person view is so much better than anything else.

I'm stupid. It took me ~25 seconds to figure out it wasn't a flyover of the level and Mario was actually going through the "level." At ~1 minute in I realized there was a map showing what was going on.

Saw the older version of this over a year ago but looks like he finished it. Gool old FreddieW for the win!

You just got me raging. Just the mention of that game. GRRRRRRR....

I'd love to play the FP Mario. Doesn't look half bad.

It could be worse and you played ET on the Atari 2600. :rage: Man that game was bad!

This video is exactly why Sonic failed in the 3d arena. They couldnt think in 3d, so they just took a 2d game and "made it 3d'. Mario64 was a revolution, it was very tricky trying to bring the mushroom kingdom into a 3d world where you could choose to go any direction. This demonstrates why nintendo was so successful, because they truly understand their little world they had made for us. The only reason we were played mario as a side-scroller was because the technology didnt exist to make it 3d. Once it did, we got Mario64. Sega however could never think outside the box like this, so they made these linear sonic games with polygons.

This video is how I imagine Sega would have developed a mario3d franchise. Unable to see beyond their own plagiarism.

dont forget battle toads

Battletoads.. hard, but good.

Some games are just hard and super crappy.

Battletoads on the NES and on the SNES were two of many of the games I actually beat.

Don't forget the Earth Worm Jim games. Those were also really hard towards the end.

And a super hard SNES game that I waited for years to actually find a copy of - Pocky and Rocky. Super fun, but also super impossible to beat, especially in single player mode.

Most newer games are geared towards "kiddies" and are way too easy.

Hard games? Let's take a look at Super Contra, Super Ghouls and Ghost, R-Type 3, Super R-Type, Gradius, Super Castlevania 4. Most of those games only get harder after you beat it and some don't even have an easy setting. Those are just a few that made me chuck my controller when I was a kid. Hardest twitch movement game that is remeniscent of times of old is Super Meat Boy. Anyone who's played "The Kid" Secret Level will know what I mean instantly.

However the gfx does not look anywhere as close as this.

If that was a WIIu exclusive title I would purchase the WIIu and this game right now Nintendo!

Back